We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Information

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Information

Opinions on Amsterdam Manor, Costa Linda, or Buciti Tara. Rank them and why.....thanks. Also, going in October....what do you think about October?

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Information

Check the Top Questions about Aruba near the top right of this page for your weather question.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Information

Everyone has their likes and dislikes in terms of ranking the hotels you mentioned and each resort has its pros/cons. Of the 3, Costa Linda is the only timeshare. Have you checked out the rankings and reviews for those properties here on TA? That would be helpful to you. Happy planning!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,610 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Information

I have stayed in Bucuti and Amsterdam Manor. Let's start with a few comparisons.

Cost. Tara Suites for seven nights will cost $3,115 based on rack rate. You will get 10% off if a member of AAA or AARP, but you have to ask. One BR Suite at AM is $1,764 based on 10% special offered for your time frame. Advantage - AM.

View. Tara are beachfront. AM is not even close in comparison. Advantage - Tara.

Dining. Most would give an edge to AM because of Passions. I prefer to dine away from the hotel, so it is a virtual tie, but Passions does give AM the edge.

Staff. Both very good. I found the staff at AM to be a bit friendlier, but staff changes a lot. So, tie.

Shade. Tara has beach umbrellas. AM has palapas. Advantage - AM.

Breakfast. Free at Tara. Advantage - Tara.

Beach Bar. I liked AM better. Jury is still out on new Bucuti "guest only" policy.

This is probably not enough help, but maybe a start. We lived in Turnersville/Sewell for about 38 years. Starter house in Bells Lake. Then, the Old Birches. Followed by Wedgewood Forest. Lastly, The Maples.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Information

October is low season so Aruba will not be as crowded as some other months.

Of your 3 choices, Costa Linda is the largest and the only one that is very family friendly - although it will be October, kids are in school, you may see a few families with kids not old enough for school. That might help you narrow down your choices.

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Information

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. I think I'm leaning more toward AM. The difference in the price would pay for dinners. I really appreciated the comprehensive info. Bucuti was drawing me in....by I think I would rather be more cost conscious.

Too small a world that you lived in Washington Twp. Thanks for the help, neighbor!!

Janet

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,610 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Information

Oops, I forgot the tax for AM. Increases price to $2,125. Sorry.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Information

Tony, you have me looking forward to the AMBR even more now than I was already! I did not even think that was possible.

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Information

Thanks fellow Twp.....I appreciate the great comments!

Janet

9. Re: Hotel Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:18