We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

We have booked a trip to Tamarijn all inclusive in Sept 2013. We actually incurred a $100 fee ( for two ppl)with cheapcaribbean to switch to Tam. But I have read bad reviews about the food at Tam.

Anyone recently returned from Tam? Is the lunch & dinner Buffet as bad as they say? I cannot eat Mexican fries and pizza for lunch. Too unhealthy. I need a good panini or any other good food. It's hard to tell what 'average food' means when I don't know what the reviewer s comparing it too.

Help!!! We picked tam over riu simply for the beach and access to the beach bar for drinks. But now that I see pics of food at the riu, I wonder if I made a mistake. .

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

You can eat at one of their many restaurants instead of the buffet if you are not happy. I think you will be able to find food to your liking.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

Sounds like you should of made your Top priority Food.

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

Don't worry ...the food is not gourmet but it is good...you can find something you like at each meal and there are stations where the item is cooked to order... The beach is much better than the Riu and the staff is great...we will be at the Divi in 2 weeks...

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

Love their veggy pizza and they have great grilled sandwiches.

Ellington...
Level Contributor
219 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

The Tam isnt a bad resort and some of the resturats are pretty good. I do not like the fact that it has more children than the Divi but you can always hang out and eat at the Divi all day as they are sister resorts. I have been to the Tam and I do not prefer to hang out there but we will go to the resturants at night. If you are worried about the food at the Tam eat at the Divi, if you do not like the food at the Divi either switch hotels or eat off resort.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
407 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

Stayed there a few years ago and will probably be going back this October. The food was pretty good IMO,but I am no foodie. We ate dinner at a few of the different restaurants at the Tam and Divi as well as all meals at the buffets. We always found somethng good.

The drinks they make are delicious. Best drinks I've had at an AI.

Nothing to worry about unless you are a very picky eater. Enjoy

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

For an AI, their food is not bad. For the price they charge, I feel it could be a lot better. You won't go hungry. As mentioned, plenty of options, if you don't like one place, try another.

You cannot beat their oceanfront rooms, I think that is what keeps people going back.

8. Re: Worried about Food at Tamarijn Aruba all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:17