We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book hotel and air together or separately?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Book hotel and air together or separately?

Ok, I'm getting very close to booking our vacation; is there any advantage to booking hotel and air together? The prices seem to be the same; does the hotel prefer you to do it this way; do they gain anything from it? Oh, we are staying at the Marriott Surf Club! Thanks...

Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book hotel and air together or separately?

If the prices are the same then I like to book directly with the hotel and directly with the airline to cut out the "middleman". That way if I have any problems/requests/issues I can go straight to the source (airline or hotel) and not deal with any third parties.

Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,499 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book hotel and air together or separately?

I tend not to book packages only because I like my airfare and hotel as a separate expense (to redeem my flights on my credit card with points), and I also like to watch the airfares to see if they are fluctuating, then I book what I feel comfortable paying. I book my hotel first (knowing I can change if need be) and then book the flights. If there is a good package deal to be found, then by all means book them together! I don't believe the hotel cares either way as long as they get their money :)

Edited: 30 July 2013, 18:43
New York
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book hotel and air together or separately?

I have always booked separately and directly with the place or car rental or plane I am traveling on. I have gotten some really great deals by doing so and I have never had an issue with my reservation.

4. Re: Book hotel and air together or separately?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 05:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now