We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson Fees

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Radisson Fees

Anyone have a link to the details on the add on fees mentioned in the review “Beautiful Hotel but don't know if I'd run back”?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147249-d147…

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson Fees

No, but it's not the first time I've read this in a Radisson review. I think the other review I read referred to the fee as a "tip" for housekeeping. When they asked about the fee (since they were tipping daily in the room), it was removed from their bill.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 20:01
jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson Fees

Maybe Mark can chime in! I've never heard of bellman fees, anywhere!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radisson Fees

I still have my bill with my travel docs from April and I will check to see- I dont recall either then.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radisson Fees

Just pulled out my old bill and there was no charge for the bellman and no charges for the maid either. That said, we pick up after ourself and dont use the maid service other than to exchange towels etc...

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radisson Fees

No extra charges for Jay so the plot thickens...

We have friends who are at the Radisson right now. After 3 previous stays at the Tamarijn, on our recommendation, they switched to the Radisson. Just received an email that they were thrilled with the resort, but want to be prepared in case they have any surprises when they check out.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radisson Fees

Here's the review from March regarding extra fees on their bill:

Beware of Hidden Charges”

Reviewed May 27, 2013 We obtained a copy of the bill and we noted the following charges: a long distance telephone call for 7.68, a $10 bell gratuity, $4 daily housekeeping gratuity and $1 World Childhood Foundation donation. The long distance call relates problems connecting to the internet. The operator transferred me to a number hence the fee. This was removed by the front desk as was the charitable donation once I inquired about the charges. I asked the front desk person about the automatic gratuity which was not communicated to either me or my friend verbally or in writing at checkin nor is it on the hotels website. We tipped the bellman upon delivering bags to room and the maid daily as we were unaware of this policy.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radisson Fees

We were there in late May/early June. There was no charge specifically for bellman or maid service. They do add $1 per day for a charity (I do find this annoying) but if you ask to have it removed they will. Our room was always cleaned by early afternoon and amenities replenished too.

I wonder if it was a large group since this was a wedding and perhaps it was part of their package to include gratuities?

They of course add taxes and there may be a resort fee-I don't remember and didn't keep my detailed bill.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radisson Fees

There was the $1 per day World Childhood Foundation fee but nothing else...we checked out at the end of April so I guess things may have changed?

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Radisson Fees

All I found on their web site was the following:

"The rates are based on single or double occupancy, are in US dollars and are subject to 23.5% tax and service charge."

I do review my bill carefully before check out and would have questioned a specific bellman charge (we travel light and don't use) or maid service since we tip daily.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Radisson Fees

Our check-out documents were JUST slid under our door, and the only fee I could dispute is the World Childhood Foundation fee of $1 per day. I can't claim to be an expert on charitable foundations, but I like to research those to which I give my money, so I have a spot of Googling to do tonight before lights out.