We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

My mom and I are possibly traveling to Aruba the first week of June. It will be our first time and while we are trying to stray away from the highrise feel and were looking at Bucuti, it seems as though it may be only couple-oriented. Would you recommend Manchebo then instead? I heard Eagle Beach is a bit nicer than Palm and would like to stay at either. I was leaning towards Bucuti because it looks so nice! Please help!

NJ
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

While it was mostly couples, I think the intent is to steer people with children to other resorts. Tough to say if you would feel out of place, I don't think you would, but that is a personal choice. It's so quiet, you don't even notice the people next to you.

New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

Thanks for the response! I am looking forward to our trip.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
652 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

I think you would be just fine at the Bucuti. We saw plenty of people who weren't couples that were staying there. I think the main thing about the Bucuti is that is discourages families with small children, so naturally more people who are couples without children tend to gravitate to the hotel. I think you'll have a great time and like the previous poster said-it's so quiet, you won't hardly notice who's around you! Have fun, you'll love it there!h

New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

Thanks again! The Amsterdam Manor looks very nice as well. As you can see, I am all for the no children resorts :) Until I have children of course...

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,408 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

I've stayed at Manchebo and Amsterdam Manor (will be at Amsterdam Manor again in Sept.) so feel free to ask me any questions about either resort. Have not stayed at the Bucuti but have friends (mother and daughter) who have been staying there every year since it opened so we visit the Bucuti alot on our trips.

New York
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

We stayed @the Bucuti last November.

I think it would be a beautiful place for you and your Mom. It's not just for honeymooners or couples. You'll fit in just fine. I can tell you that I would recommend the Bucuti over the Manchebo OR the Amsterdam Manor.

As for Eagle Beach being "nicer" than Palm, well, I don't think it's nicer. It is wider & less crowded in some areas. Palm Beach is gorgeous as well.

New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

Thank you for your response! I've narrowed it down to the Hyatt or Bucuti...just a matter of what kind of environment we want I guess.

8. Re: Is Bucuti good for non-couples? Or would Manchebo be better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 11:19