We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant reservations

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant reservations

This will be our second time (first time was 6 years ago) in Aruba and so excited to go again. We will be there in October. The last time we were there we went to a bunch of wonderful restaurants (Madame Jeanettes. flying fishbone, papiamento, da vittorio, old fisherman...cant remember the rest). We would like to try new ones and would love to get some suggestions for you all. I know this question has probably been asked many times....sorry. Do i need to make reservations in advance to any of them? I ask because i happened to look at Carte Blache and seems they are booked the whole time we are there. I am put on the waiting list. Are all the other restaurants like this? In the past i am used to making reservations once i arrive or on the same day....seems like i miss out if i do that this time around.

I would love all your suggestions and thank you all!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,942 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant reservations

Since Carte Blanche and 2 Fools and a Bull only seat 14-16 people per night you will need to make advance reservations. Other places you may want to make reservations would be any sunset/beach dining restaurant since most want the coveted sunset time. All of the others you will be fine as walk-ins or you can make same day reservations while you're there.

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant reservations

Thank you so much for your reply. I just tried making reservations at 2 fools is is all booked as well. =(. It seems like such a wonderful restaurant as well. Do you have any other recommendations on specific restaurants? Also, recommendations for sunset/beach restaurant and what time would u suggest to make those reservations for Oct? Thank you thank you thank you once again.

Brighton, Michigan
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant reservations

Not sure when you are going in October, but I know Carte Blanche is closed September 29-October 16 for vacation, so that might be the reason you were unable to get a reservation there. We tried to get a reservation there the first week in October and were disappointed to learn they would be closed, especially because we are staying at Bucuti!

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant reservations

I will be going in the beginning of October. I did receive an email from them telling me they will be closed during that time. Thank you.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,942 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant reservations

Beach/sunset dining - our favorite is Passions.

Upscale dining - in addition to Carte Blanche and 2 Fools, we like Screaming Eagle, Ike's Bistro, and Yemanja

Casual dining - Bingo's, Barney's, and Amadeus

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant reservations

You are awesome! I'm putting it all on my list. 2 Fools is also full but was put on a waiting list.

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant reservations

i was going thinking of making reservations at Passions during sunset. Do you guys know what time that would be?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant reservations

Depend on the date, sunset times in October will be between 6:15-6:30 pm.

I would make reservation at least 20 mins-30 mins before sunset time.

timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html…

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant reservations

thank you!

10. Re: restaurant reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:15