We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best things to do in Aruba?

Westbrook, Maine
1 post
Save Topic
What are the best things to do in Aruba?

Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I are traveling to Aruba from 10/6 - 10/12 and we'd love some advice on things to do. This vacation is mainly about relaxation, but we are looking for a few "must do" things outside of our resort. So far, here's what we are planning:

-- Catamaran Sail

-- Renting a jeep for a day and driving around (but to where?)

We'd prefer to NOT do any coordinated tours, and would instead like to do activities on our own time table. We are also major foodies, so any restaurant/bar suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kini Kini Transfer & Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Wix Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Justin's ATV Rental and Tours
Equipment Hire, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

A really fun thing to do is Jolly Pirates....they have 3 times...morning, afternoon & evening! Check out their web site. Once you're on the beach there are little huts set up with stuff you can check out & book. Pretty easy!! Have a GREAT time.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

Just get lost. It's easy to do, and it's easy to get "unlost" also. Take some snorkeling equipment and a towel.

Try a horseback ride.

This might sound SUPER weird, but one of my favorite things to do whenever I visit a new place is go to a supermarket and wander around for a half-hour. I think you can learn more from watching people shop than you can from any museum tour or anthropology book. If you are foodies, this might interest you on that level as well.

There are restaurant recommendation threads out the wazoo here. Just scroll back through the forum for a good read.

Have a great vacation!

Edited: 12 August 2013, 20:28
New York
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

We had a lot of fun going on a jeep tour to the Natural pool, much more fun than us driving around trying to find places. It is quite adventureous. Another thing that I would recommend is having a romantic candle lit dinner on the beach. Going sailing and of course swimming in the warm beautiful caribbean sea.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

Best thing we do in Aruba? RELAX as much as possible! :)

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

Well don't know anything much about what you like to do but you did mention activities.

You could do Windsurfing or learn if you don't know how.

You can also do Kite Surfing or learn how if you want.

velawindsurf.com/html/…aruba.php

You can go diving and see what is under the sea. Lots of Dive sites along the coast of Aruba.

http://www.redsailaruba.com/en/index.html

Arkansas
Level Contributor
318 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

Rent a raft for $5 for the day and just float!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

float straight to Curacao :)

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

For jeeping.. Driving up to the lighthouse and right before you get to the top you will see a dirt road to the left.. Take it and have fun driving along the cost with the jeep all the way down to the natural bridge that is now collapsed. We then came out of there *(which took us about an hour).. and headed to the Natural Pool for the afternoon where we had lunch and swam and then headed back for a late afternoon and sunset on the beach.

aberdeen ohio
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

We had a nice day at baby beach. Kind of hard to find, but seen a lot of cool things on the way :) you can rent snorkel gear, and have some drinks and food at a small place there. Enjoy, I'm jealous lol

NJ
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the best things to do in Aruba?

And after you have done all that is suggested above, do nothing. It may just be the best thing that you do!