We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with passport

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with passport

So this is my first international trip, and im just curious should i travel EVERYWHERE with the passport, even the beach? I've heard about making a copy to take with you, so just curious.

Also this trip will be on my 40th birthday, so any suggestions on what to do for it (it will be Aug 30th)

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with passport

Make a copy.

Leave passport in safe or hide in room if no safe.

No one is going to ask to see your passport.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,906 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with passport

Always, always, always leave your passport in your hotel safe in your room.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,591 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with passport

Yes, as other has advised leave the passport in the room safe and make computer copies and keep in luggage - also the immigrations folks at arrivals will take your immigrations form and return to you a small portion to keep with your passport to surrender upon departure. Carry pens, check the TSA website to see what you can take and how to pack safely.

Lot's to see an do - your hotel activities desk will help you with bookings - pick up the free publications at the airport and hotel, newpspapers, etc. for events listings

CT
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with passport

scan copies to your computer, then email yourself a copy... Keep that email in your inbox, so you can access it at any time, any place in the world (that has an internet connection!)

Or - upload to the cloud nearest you!

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with passport

Always good advice to make sure your passport is kept in a secure place...However, you are required to carry your Ohio State Bickeye card at all times! Have a great holiday! And happy birthday!

st.marys, ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling with passport

Ha, we always get an "O-H" and return an "I-O" in aruba and actually everywhere we travel to !!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling with passport

Well fortunately i'm not that old yet to get a buckeye card :)

8. Re: Traveling with passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:21