We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DePalm ATV or UTV tour

Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
DePalm ATV or UTV tour

Saw good ratings for both with DePalm and wondered if experienced Aruba tour experts have a preference and why. Would be interested in a half day tour for me and my husband, both 50 and decent drivers but never done ATV.

Thanks!

Buggie

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DePalm ATV or UTV tour

I would do the ATV with Kini Kini. They have new machines and are a small mom and pop operation. More personalized service.

Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DePalm ATV or UTV tour

Thanks so much for the inside info. Saw a couple reviews that weren't so great so wondered if Kini Kini would be ok. As it happens, here at home I do choose good Mom and Pop businesses over big chains when possible.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DePalm ATV or UTV tour

My husband and I did the half day jeep tour with dePalm to the natural pool last year and it was fantastic! I'm really glad we chose to do it.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DePalm ATV or UTV tour

I just went and looked at the reviews-- Excellent 98, Very good 13, and Average 13 or below.

The last poor review,

"“Low budget tour company”

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were excited to go on this ATV tour because of the reviews we read on trip advisor. Upon first arrival, we were already able to see that it was a low budget operation ran out of a house. The biggest complaint is this is supposed to be fun riding an ATV and the mechanical condition made it miserable."

On June 23, according to their twitter feed, Kini Kini received their new ATV's following the above review and evidently the poster was not expecting a "mom and pop" operation? Yes, they do run their business out of their home which they saw as a detraction?

Edited: 03 September 2013, 18:32
Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DePalm ATV or UTV tour

Thanks for the follow up!

6. Re: DePalm ATV or UTV tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 06:22