We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at restaurants?

Hazlet, New Jersey
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code at restaurants?

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are returning to Aruba for our 10 year anniversary in less than 2 weeks. Our honeymoon there was amazing!

I'm going to be making some reservations and was wondering which restaurants might require pants and/or jackets for men? We just want to plan ahead.

Thanks so much!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at restaurants?

I don't know of any that require pants and or jackets for men. Aruba is very casual.

I'm not saying he can wear a tank top and flip flops but dress shorts, shirt with sleeves, or collared shirt and sandals acceptable.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at restaurants?

Not sure where you are staying, but men are required to wear long pants to ala carte restaurants at the Riu and Occidental.

Englishtown, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at restaurants?

Avoid all the AI,s. Island is very safe and great food all over the island. Casual shorts, shirt and sandals , that's about it.

Hazlet, New Jersey
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code at restaurants?

Thanks everyone! We're all set now!

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code at restaurants?

Happy 10th Anniversary - I know you'll have an awesome time in Aruba. On the clothes subject - we've never worn anything dressier than collared polo, dress shorts, nice top and capris, etc. for dinner, but wondering if we'll feel out of place if we dine at Windows on Aruba? It just looks like the folks are more dressed up in review photos. Thanks.

Paramus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
752 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code at restaurants?

We always bring a pair of long Docker pants & dress shoes for my husband and he never winds up wearing them. You may want to do that if you are nervous about that restaurant. Dress shorts and something other then flip flops for your hubby will probably be fine. I wouldn't worry that much about it though. They certainly won't turn you away. Enjoy!

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code at restaurants?

Thanks, Mary :)

8. Re: Dress code at restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:17