We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rates are considerably higher at the radisson in 2014

ny
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rates are considerably higher at the radisson in 2014

does anyone know why??

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rates are considerably higher at the radisson in 2014

Usually a sign of demand exceeding supply. If your dates are flexible, perhaps hold out until after the Christmas holidays and await specials.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rates are considerably higher at the radisson in 2014

Arubalisa you want the OP to hold out for a year and 3 months and await specials in 2015. That's amazing forecasting. Why don't you think the Prices at the Radisson won't be even higher by over a year from now?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rates are considerably higher at the radisson in 2014

I was referring to booking after Christmas 2013 for Winter 2014 -- January to April.

OP did not list dates of travel in 2014, but few people travel the first two weeks of January.

If the bookings are not coming in as projected, then rates will be reduced = specials.

No amazing forecasting, just the way the travel industry works ;)

I went back and looked at OP's previous posts and they were looking for January or February. I also see that Players Choice announced on September 23 that their rates for the Radisson Winter 2014 are going up as of October 1.

Prices do not go UP if booking are slow in coming in.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 05:13
Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rates are considerably higher at the radisson in 2014

If you look at their website they are doing an early booking bonus for 2014.... I thought these looked quite reasonable. :)

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rates are considerably higher at the radisson in 2014

Be aware the Early Booking Bonus states "Booking Dates: through September 30, 2013"

6. Re: Rates are considerably higher at the radisson in 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 05:18