We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the weather like today?

Tehachapi...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What is the weather like today?

What is the high temp & how does it feel? We arrive on Friday and will be there for a week. I am so worried that we are going to have an awful heat wave...

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,092 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the weather like today?

Why worry about weather when it is something you cannot control. The weather today may be different from the weather on Friday anyway (although on Aruba, the weather does not change too much.)

Current temps and webcams at the following links:

aruba-travelguide.com/about/weather_forecast…

http://www.arubawebcams.tv/

Tehachapi...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the weather like today?

I worry because the weather can make or break our vacation :( Thank you for the links! I'll be keeping a close eye on them...

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the weather like today?

Weather is basically quite consistent all year long, water temps do change a little bit. At certain times the winds aren't as strong, making it feel hotter. In all my years, I hadn't heard about big "heat waves" until this past summer when a FaceBook friend posted that it was 100.

As Amy said, there is nothing you can do about the weather, so please don't worry about it. :)

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,092 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the weather like today?

Weather is what it is. When vacationing anywhere you just need to go with the flow and not let it "break" your vacation.

Tehachapi...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the weather like today?

Thanks girls :)

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,755 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the weather like today?

www.bucuti.com/photos-videos/live-tara-cam

Above is live camera at Bucuti Tara Suites. As you can see, lots of folks enjoying the beach. (if it works - having some tech difficulties)

Edited: 01 October 2013, 19:28
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the weather like today?

At 2 pm, 18 MPH winds, hazy, temperature 89 F, heat index: 100.6 F ... sounds like paradise to me!

Like Amy said, though, no sense fretting over something you cannot change. Our first Christmas trip I worried incessantly beforehand about rain during the height of the rainy season. Oh it rained plenty, but it was all at night or early in the morning. Did not ruin one day or one activity and I worried needlessly.

Besides the local forecast http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php looks terrific! 10% chance of showers on Friday means a chance of a cloud passing overhead with a bit of a rain shower in it. There have been quite a few times when we were on the beach under brilliant sunshine and it was raining down the beach from us. It never lasts but more than 10-15 minutes. A great time to slip into the ocean or read under the palapa ;)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the weather like today?

Just look at the live Bucuti cam and smiled!

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the weather like today?

Another beautiful day today!

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba

Oct 03, 2013 - 05:00 PM EDT

Wind: from the ENE at 23 MPH (20 KT)

Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s)

Sky conditions: mostly clear

Temperature: 89 F (32 C)

Heat index: 102.9 F (39.4 C)

Forecast says hotter tomorrow! But plenty of wind ;)

10. Re: What is the weather like today?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:19