We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather this October

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Weather this October

Hi

I’m going to Aruba in 8 days and I’m a little concerned about the weather forecast.

The weather forecast recently changed from 30% chance of rain to 100% chance of rain for most of my seven day vacation, apart from a day or two.

Is most of my vacation going to be a washout?

I’d love to have some sunshine with being from the UK!

New York
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather this October

I don't know where you are looking for this weather, I just check, and it will be 30% chance of rain till October 9 and then10% there after. No need to worry, The report are mostly never correct and it normally rains during the night or morning. Enjoy and refer to the right for Top Questions...

New York
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather this October

I don't even look at weather reports anymore. They ususally always say the same thing.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather this October

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147247-i144-k6886… What's the weather like today in Aruba?

Montoursville...
Level Contributor
273 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather this October

We spent 17 days in Aruba last October and we had some rain, but it never lasts for long. The only thing I didn't care for were the mosquitos in the evening while dining outside! Many of the restaurants offered bug spray. We prefer to eat outside, but unfortunately given the situation, we had to eat inside. I would not worry about the weather, I'm sure it will be as beautiful as it always is, even if there is a little rain.

New York
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather this October

I am truly surprised to hear about mosquitos. I have been there three times and never noticed any and once last oct.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather this October

I went last year from Sept 23-Oct 3. Its mostly sunshine to the point where after a few days you start begging for some cloud cover to get a break a break from the sun. I think the worst thing that can happen is a hurricane somewhere else in the Caribbean can stop the trade winds. Then it starts to get hot. Remember Aruba has more of a desert climate. Do an image search for Arikok National Park and you will see number of cacti plants. Some people say Aruba is like "dropping Arizona in the Caribbean Sea." That's a close analogy but Aruba is probably a bit greener. Too me it was nice to have the dry air vs. humid air, and the high winds basically make for a continuous "fan."

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather this October

In 9 trips every mosquito on the island has found me. It seems if I use insect spray it makes it worse...

Really though, don't worry about the weather. There isn't anything that you can do about it. It usually doesn't rain for long.

8. Re: Weather this October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:18