We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Prices

PA
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Prices

Heard a lot about Yemanja and went to their website but they don't post prices?? Are they really high end?? Also Wacky Wahoo looks like it serves only seafood..is that correct??? And any recommendation of must go to... I would be interested in hearing about them . Thanks, Lynda

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,821 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Prices

Wacky Wahoo is predominately a seafood restaurant. IMO, must go to restaurants include Zuzuroh, Barefoot and LaTrattoria. Read the reviews. Everyone has a different opinion on what is "best".

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Prices

For the record, I didn't find Yemanja's prices exorbitant, but we did NOT enjoy our evening there. Chilly service detracts from the food, in my opinion and when we were there, it was like eating in a meat locker. Our must-dos are: Madame Janette, Amuse, Bingo!, Wacky Wahoo, and Scott's Brats. I was CRUSHED that Zuzuroh wasn't open when we were there in July. And here's a thought that just occurred to me: I don't care for "toes in the sand" dining after spending ten hours on the beach. LOL We did enjoy Passions, but once was enough for my husband.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Prices

Restaurants are a very subjective topic! :)

Yemanja is my favorite spot for dinner, it's right up there with a place called White Modern.

I love the atmosphere sitting outside but you can get a table inside as well. Recently we have been eating at the outdoor bar because the bartenders are so friendly and it's very social. I would not consider their prices high end. They are on par with the places by me in NJ, I like that the waitresses come around and ask if you wold like a pic of your table. They post to their FB page and you can tag it and have it for yourself.

Photos and Menus,

https:/…photos_all

Montoursville...
Level Contributor
277 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Prices

Wacky Wahoo is always on our list-the chef's specials (which are usually catch of the day) is what we normally get and yes it is mostly seafood, but they do have chicken-my son gets chicken alfredo and they do a roasted chicken. We have been to Yemanja a few times and have always enjoyed our meals there-very good and always had good service. Love Madame Janette's, Papiamento and Aqua Grill.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Prices

In my experience, never had a bad meal or service that was lacking at Yemanja. It is one of our favorites on the island, and we're already booked to dine there next month.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Prices

I would classify Yemanja as a moderately-priced restaurant, with most entree`s in the 25-35 dollar range. A word of caution: if you do decide to dine at Yemanja, please inquire with the restaurant as to the status of construction in the surrounding area. Two weeks ago, we ventured downtown, to find a massive pile of dirt and debris and several backloaders abutting their outdoor dining area. Because we enjoy dining outside, we cancelled our reservation and went elsewhere.

Wacky Wahoo's, IMHO, is a must-do while on Aruba. As mentioned above, there are a few land options on their menu, but seafood is their specialty.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Prices

It is still a construction mess downtown my Yemanja.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Prices

It's progressing nicely, We always go after dark so it has not really bothered us.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Prices

We like Yemanja. Go there every year. Find it mid priced. We find the service ok. We ask for the bill.

Not a fan any more of Wacky Wahoo. asked for a fish grilled, no sauce, it came with a spice rub. Horrible not able to eat. Classy place, did remove it from bill. Lots of fish dishes there. Noise and tables close together.

We like Matthews, so many great Aruba restaurants for us to pick. If we don't like one, just pick another

Enjoy

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Prices

was looking at the restaurant menus, are the prices US or Aruba prices listed on the menus?

I seen some wine prices that seemed to be 4 times the price We would pay here in the US.