We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off to get a luggage scale!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Off to get a luggage scale!

Just realized I'm going to need a luggage scale to weigh our stuff before we leave. Any recommendation on a good, inexpensive one? Sorry for the silly post, I'm just so excited that we're actually packing and getting ready for our trip!!! :-)

Thanks!

Paramus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
757 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

I usually just use my regular scale that I have in the bathroom. On our trip in Sept, we were a few lbs over on my luggage so I just moved things from that luggage to my husband's luggage. I refuse to pay for going over the 50 lbs.

You sound very excited! I would be too, especially now that's it's getting colder out! Have a fun, safe trip!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

We use our bathroom scale, too. Weigh myself, then weigh me with my bag in my hands, then subtract my weight from it.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

I too use the bathroom scale and do as Amy mentioned. Have fun.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

Same here - use the bathroom scale!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

Ok, bathroom scale it is! Thanks for the advice :-)

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

i use both, just to be sure. the hand held one i got at tjmax. i like to take that one with me in case i forget who took what in which bag or i buy something that would put me over the limit.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

My weight issues (in more ways than one!!!) usually occur on the way home. I use the Balanzza digital luggage scale and it has always been 100% accurate.

Enjoy your trip!

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

Digital luggage scale from Bed Bath and Beyond. $20.00. We keep it in the top pocket of one suitcase and just take the batteries out after use because it beeps and we don't want to cause any unnecessary delays for our flight.

Bayonne, New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

I have one got a few years ago not sure what it cost not that much but just make sure it goes up I think it goes up to 80 lbs

and make sure you take it with you to wt your luggage to come back we never pack the sameway lol

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Off to get a luggage scale!

I have a digital luggage scale from Magellan. It's accurate, small and I especially like it for the trip home. The resorts we've stayed at usually don't have scales.

magellans.com/magellan-s-digital-luggage-sca…