We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

United States
Level Contributor
36 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

We're planning a first trip to Aruba with kids who want a waterslide at the pool. But what I really want to see are the amazing clear waters that I saw down in the BVI.

Do the beaches of Aruba have the similar kind of water? I'm looking to do maybe a touch of snorkeling, but really just want to be able to see clearly down to the bottom, and hopefully lots of colorful fish.

And are any of the hotels with waterslides on the beaches you'd recommend? Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Aruba ATV Island Tour with Ayo...
236 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Aruba Catamaran Cruise, 2-Stop...
145 Reviews
from US$42.00*
Arikok National Park 4x4 Tour...
195 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour: Arikok...
307 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

The clearest water would be on Eagle beach but no waterslide hotels down there. Only the Hyatt has a waterslide and the Marrriott Surf club a tiny one. The Hyatt water is a little clearer then Surf Club but it usually just depends on the tides. No colorful fish to see no matter where you stay.

Mentioned in this post
Eagle Beach
Eagle Beach
7,803 Reviews
Aruba
massachusettes
Level Contributor
405 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

Doesn't The Tropicana ( the resort behind LaCabana) have a water slide? They did when we stayed there in 2004. That resort is on Eagle Beach- although it is a 5 minute walk to the beach which I know is to much for some people- didn't matter to us but it was just my husband and myself.

Edited: 07 November 2013, 22:21
Mentioned in this post
Eagle Beach
Eagle Beach
7,803 Reviews
Aruba
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

LaCabana has a slide in their pool and Tropicana has a huge slide in one their pools.

Water clarity depends on Mother Nature but generally, it is usually clearer on Eagle than Palm only because Palm has so many water sports/boat activity stirring up the water.

When we were at LaCabana a few weeks ago, he first couple of days clarity was so so....then it was amazingly clear up until we left. LOVED IT!!

Mentioned in this post
Eagle Beach
Eagle Beach
7,803 Reviews
Aruba
New York
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort has a waterslide in their pool. The water clarity in that area is good but the pool with the slide is across the road at the Resort.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

If you're looking to see colorful fish, a trip to Baby Beach might be an idea, although you would need to rent a car. The water is so clear, it's gorgeous. I just looked up DePalm Island and it sounds like there are beautiful fish and fun things to do there as well. It also has a water park with slides. Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 08 November 2013, 20:50
Mentioned in this post
Baby Beach
Baby Beach
3,980 Reviews
Aruba
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

For a kids vacation, with the clearest water imaginable, check out Paradise Island in the Bahamas. I can still remember the sun reflecting off the sandy bottom of the ocean. Gorgeous. We don't go there anymore because it is a destination that became geared toward families with young children. Just kick the sand and fish will gather around from nowhere.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Island
Paradise Island
New Providence Island
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,966 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

I'm with Tony...for the clearest waters check out the Bahamas and Paradise Island!

You won't see "colorful" fish off of Palm, Eagle, Manchebo or Druif Beaches because they are plain white sandy bottoms. I would suggest as others have, snorkeling Baby Beach and Boca Catalina. We found Boca Catalina to be perfect for beginning swimmers and snorkelers.

La Cabana is a very family friendly resort.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Paradise Island
Paradise Island
New Providence Island
Druif Beach
Druif Beach
126 Reviews
Aruba
Baby Beach
Baby Beach
3,980 Reviews
Aruba
Boca Catalina
Boca Catalina
722 Reviews
Aruba
n.y.
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

A number of years ago we went to De Palm Island for the day there was a set of long steps into the water and a few steps off the stairs there were 2 to 2 1/2 foot blue parrot fish swimming around and I snorkle among them .

Mentioned in this post
De Palm Island
De Palm Island
2,203 Reviews
Aruba
9. Re: Clearest beach water ... and best kid-friendlyswimming pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:17