We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water sports Boat launch @ Marriott/Ritz area

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Water sports Boat launch @ Marriott/Ritz area

The water sports boat launch area located in between the Marriott Stellaris and the new Ritz, does anyone happen to know what is to become of this area or if it is going to be moved?

Thank you very much Aruba Forum contributors! Appreciate all the valuable information, humor and guidance.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water sports Boat launch @ Marriott/Ritz area

If memory serves me correctly the watersports operators had an agreement with the government to move to a spot just south of the Divi Phoenix.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
951 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water sports Boat launch @ Marriott/Ritz area

As of last week, they are still at the Ritz.

Lexington...
Level Contributor
516 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water sports Boat launch @ Marriott/Ritz area

When last I was there, nothing had changed.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water sports Boat launch @ Marriott/Ritz area

There is a Aruban road between the Marriott and the Ritz. Vela Sports is on the beach at the end of the road but closer to the Marriott. The Boat launch area is a bit closer to the Ritz side but I don't think it is on any part of the Ritz property. I really don't know the answer, but I don't see the Boat launch area moving as a lot of the local boat owners drive down that road to the beach to launch their boats. They then park in that area. I don't see any reason why Vela Sports would have to move either.

New York
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Water sports Boat launch @ Marriott/Ritz area

I agree with Fsmdude , one sports tent is located between the beach area for the Trade Winds and the Stellaris and a second between the Stellaris and the Ocean Club. The location of the Ritz is no reason for the launch location to change. In fact, would not be surprised to see Vela Sports to set up another tent north of the Ritz to attract the younger people staying at that resort.

6. Re: Water sports Boat launch @ Marriott/Ritz area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:17