We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba advice?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba advice?

Hi folks,

We are planning a side trip to Aruba in December (prior - Xmas) ; 2 middle age couples, perhaps rent a room that accommodates 4 ppl; could be B&B or similar style property, near or on nice beaches,basic cooking facilities, U$100 - $150.

It appears the incoming flight may arrive around 1:40am... :( any suggestions on finding a rent a car - at this ungodly hour. rental 6- 7days.

1st Island visit for all ; any suggestions for activities i.e. snorkel,beach and must see stuff is greatly appreciated...

Mil gracias!

playa4u

Edited: 17 November 2013, 22:56
Lexington...
Level Contributor
516 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba advice?

Never heard of a flight arriving at the time you indicated, but many car rental places will meet you at the airport and deliver a car for you there or take you to their facilities. At that hour they may nominally charge you for the service if they provide it. Check with whomever you try to rent from as to their policies.

If you are hoping to find a place for $100.00-$150.00 a night near or on the beach and with cooking facilities then you may have some difficulty, but you might find an acceptable timeshare rental on Redweek.com

Activities to consider (with a car) is to see some of the sites in Aruba including the Lighthouse, Baby Beach, Alto Vista Chapel, Arikok Park and the various beach areas.

You will also want to spend some time on the beach and taking that in. There are many good snorkeling spots including Boca Catalina, Baby Beach, Eagle Beach, and Malmok amongst others.There is also good snorkeling off of Renaissance Island and DePalm Island but these are not accessible to all without fees.

Finally, there are many good dining opportunities in Aruba and you may want to partake of them. Suggestions would depend on your tastes and interests.

Edited: 17 November 2013, 23:17
Lexington...
Level Contributor
516 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba advice?

Forgot to mention - if no car rental place will meet you upon your arrival then you ought to be able to make arrangements for delivery or rental of a vehicle starting later in the day

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba advice?

Yes, the flight itinerary sucks; hopping it's a typo. I must confess to being a bit of a weathernoid; after reading Bob's trip report - the part about bad weather is giving me 2nd thoughts.

Thanks for the quick response, will stay tuned...

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba advice?

I would look a Surfside Marina - I never stayed here but really liked the look of the place when we walked through the grounds to catch a boat. Very quaint and well kept, it gets very good reviews. It's right across from Pincho's so you will have awesome beach views and I like the beach there. Water is calm and clear anytime I've been there.

http://www.arubasurfsidemarina.com/

Also check Sunset Beach Studios, more of an apartment than boutique hotel...decent beach across the street a bit rocky though. Beautiful sunset views and the apartments are fully equipped. They also have BBQ's on the property. I stayed there in 2006 and loved it. Although from what I saw, I think Surfside is in a better location, more resort like and better beach.

http://www.arubasunsetbeach.com/

Edited: 18 November 2013, 02:45
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba advice?

Just checked Surfside's website and they do not have kitchens :(

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba advice?

Check out "My Aruban Home" and see if they can accommodate you. They are about a 5 minute walk from the beach and they will pick you up at the airport. Your time of Arrival seems odd to me though.

Here is the link to their reviews which are excellent.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g488162-d1812173…

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba advice?

I know that there are late arrivals and departures from Europe but never heard of anything that late from anywhere else.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aruba advice?

Have you checked with a travel agent in Vancouver? May be worth a try.

Olympia
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aruba advice?

Try the Aruba Pearl. All units are 2 bedroom / 2.5 baths with full kitchens. It's located near Eagle Beach on the same side street as the Screaming Eagle restaurant and Zuzurroh restaurant. Clean big condos with a short walk to one of the best beaches on the island. We have stayed there a few times as well as friends - everyone was comfortable and felt it was a great price for the unit. Give the owner a call for the best rates. Phone should be on their website. www.ArubaPearl.com

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,606 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aruba advice?

Surfside is cute but without a kitchen you will be traveling out for all meals outside of breakfast. Make sure you have a car or enjoy long walks, lol.