We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Wi-Fi?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Wi-Fi?

Going w/ the in-laws to the Marriott from Jan. 2-9. They have a timeshare. Anyone know what the Wi-Fi situation is? My wife said they charge, but she isn't positive. Does it help if one of us has Silver status w/ Marriott?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
758 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Wi-Fi?

This was a post dated March 2013 ......tWiFi is pretty good around the pool and lobby areas (did not try to use on the beach).

Note that,as stated on the hotel's website, WiFi is only available in the common areas (pool, lobby) and access is wired in the rooms. We found we could not get a WiFi signal in our room at all (8th floor), although to be honest it was no big deal. Some people here have reported some luck with WiFi in their rooms; I would guess that some rooms are close enough to the pool and lobby areas to still latch on to the signal

New York
Level Contributor
758 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Wi-Fi?

We were told at check in that we had free internet service. However, as we do not bring anything other than my cell phone, I did not inquire any further. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Wi-Fi?

Thanks for the info.

So, it sounds like: free internet. As far as wired/wireless, strong/weak signal...that all depends.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
640 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Wi-Fi?

They provide free internet, we've stayed at all 4 Marriott properties on Aruba, never had any problems.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Wi-Fi?

Ms_Dragon: via Wi-Fi or wired?

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
640 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Wi-Fi?

As I recall it was Wi-Fi

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
777 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Wi-Fi?

I was informed that all the rooms have Wifi now. No wire connection is needed. There are two timeshares. The.Ocean Club (stayed there in October) it worked perfectly everywhere. Room and pool. I am hoping it is just as good in February 2014 at the Surf Club. We didn't have Wifi in the room at the Surf Club last February and the connection at the pool was LOUSY. I love the Surf Club and am an owner there and can only hope the connection has improved this year. (Everyone I have spoken with has said it works great now)

8. Re: Marriott Wi-Fi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 06:18