We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

CENTERTOWN
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

Our hotel arranges transfer through VIATOR for $19.99 per person is this the way to go vs a taxi to the Westin?

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

Is that each way? Taxi is about $20 for up to 4 people

CENTERTOWN
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

It was roundtrip? but per person and there are two of us? So I guess no money saved what about time and ease and drivers? In some countries the taxi drivers scare me to death...

Michigan
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

Taxi each way is $22 for up to 4 people, vs $19.99 round trip per person. If there are only two of you then the extra $4 per person is probably worth it for a taxi so you arrive there much quicker. Better, yet, put the $40 plus toward a rental car, which will probably only run about $200 for the week. Between your trips to and from the airport, and various trips to restaurants and site seeing, you'll probably save money in the end. Just my 2 cents. Have a great trip!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

The correct taxi fare from the airport to the Westin is $25.00 (5 persons max). If arriving or departing on a Sunday or a Aruba holiday there is an additional $3.00 charge (taxi, not per person). You will save a lot of time getting to the hotel by taking a taxi. Otherwise you will have to wait at the airport until all passengers get on the bus and have their luggage loaded. The bus will then stop at different hotels enroute to the Westin. You would probably be checked-in and have a drink in hand by the time the bus arrives at the Westin.

CENTERTOWN
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

Taxi it is, thanks everyone! By the way, out of curiosity - we do depart on Sunday the 19th, what is deal with fare increase on Sundays?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

Is the Viator transfer a private car or on a tour bus with others?

We used Viator in Italy a few months ago for a private wine tasting/tour and it was excellent service.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 03:09
CENTERTOWN
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

It appears in the picture to be a bus.

Also, could all of you give me your recommendations on a snorkle tour company? Again, we are staying in Palm Beach. Thanks in advance!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

$19.99 is by bus; $42.50 per person for private transfer.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

Then I would definitely go with the taxi - much quicker.

Lots of snorkel tours to choose from. Our favorites are the Tranquilo and the Octopus - both are smaller so not as many people on board. But if you want more of a party atmosphere look at the Mi Dushi and Jolly Pirates.

CENTERTOWN
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Viator airport transfer vs taxi?

Thanks!