We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Preston
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Hello

We have recently booked our honeymoon at the Divi Aruba all inclusive for July this year. We are in our mid twenties and like a bit of something to do but would prefer to travel to it rather than be in the thick of it.

This is our first time to the island and would just like any hints or tips people may have that might make out honeymoon that bit more special/memorable. Just asking from any experiences any one else might really recommend.

thanks in advance for any replies

Jo

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

Maybe have one special dinner off premises such as Barefoot for great food, service and ambiance. On the beach dining. Or, Windows On Aruba at the Divi G & B resort. Beautiful atmosphere overlooking the golf course.

Take an island tour. Google ABC Jeep Tours in Aruba for itineraries.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
211 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

My suggestion is to do a full day adventure. Rent a jeep and explore the island. Aruba is so small, it's easy to find your way back even when you think you're lost. Drive to Arikok National park, go off road and see the cave and the natural pool. Each visit, we also like to spend an afternoon in baby beach for some great snorkeling. Have a great trip!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon

You've chosen a wonderful place to stay to suit your needs. I echo Tony's suggestion to dine off the resort at least once. As a guest of the Divi, you will be able to enjoy Windows on Aruba at a discount--well worth it. Jmante2 also offers sage advice, IMO: you definitely should take an island tour Try to get to the California Lighthouse at sunset for drinks at El Faro Blanco. Take a sunset snorkel cruise with Black Pearl or a mid-day snorkeling trip on Tranquilo.

Best wishes for a happy marriage and a wonderful honeymoon!

Preston
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon

Thank you for your messages! I definitely want at least one night away from the all inclusive and also the idea of hiring a jeep really appeals to me. Would you say I would be better organising that when I get there or before hand? I'm very excited for my wedding day but the thought of Aruba waiting for us afterwards is the icing on the cake.

Thank you for your kind words and any other ideas throw them my way.

Jo x

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon

Renting a jeep for a day would be fun. Just be careful that there are no off limits places to visit. Many rental companies will not allow you to travel to the Natural Pool. If you do, you would be responsible for all damage that may happen to your vehicle. Most of Aruba may be explored in an ordinary car. A jeep is preferred when travelling off road or on roads that have lots of large stones/small rocks. If your heart is set on visiting the Natural Pool, I absolutely advise you to take a tour. Have you tried finding info on You Tube? More than likely, you will return to Aruba. It is the most revisited island in the Caribbean. Just relax and enjoy your honeymoon. The Divi is located on a great beach.

6. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19