We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

I am interested in finding a honeymoon destination in the Caribbean. We are planning to travel sometime between Feb 2014 - May 2014 (so our dates are flexible).

I was told Aruba may meet the requirements my wife and I have, though if there is another Island you may suggest in the Caribbean, please let me know, we are open to ideas.

Our #1 point we require would be No Kids. This is a honeymoon and we don't want a bunch of kids running around.

our #2 point required would be the water - we are looking for water very calm, and Very clear. We would like to go into the water and be able to float without being moved around by the waves, so we are thinking maybe a bay would be easier to meet this requirement, though we don't care as long as the water is warm and calm and of course very clear to see through.

Other than the 2 points listed above we are a bit more flexible, but something in a nice area, with a nice hotel would be great and an All-Inclusive would be a great bonus but if that absolutely cant happen, we can work around it. We were hoping not to spend more than a few thousand US dollars for the total trip including airfare (flying from Baltimore, MD, USA). but if we found the perfect spot, we could stretch the budget a little.

We are also hoping to find a good deal since our dates are flexible.

if anyone can offer a great romantic honeymoon spot with the water we are seeking, I hope you will post a comment below. I thank you all in advance for your help.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

IMO, Aruba is the #1 destination in the Caribbean. Safe. Clean. No poverty or violent crime. Hotel with NO children would be Bucuti Beach Hotel. Water is beautiful although it has been rough a few times. That would be the exception. If that should happen, head for Palm Beach or Baby Beach English is widely spoken and the US $ accepted everywhere. Even taxis and buses. People are very friendly. Believe me, Bucuti fits your needs for a great honeymoon. Breakfast is included with price. Not AI. Located on a fantastic beach. to bucuti.com for more info..

Edited: 13 January 2014, 20:53
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

Bucuti for sure if it fits your budget.

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

You write that a few thousand for the entire vacation, including air fare, lodging, food, and entertainment. If that means $3000, then you are being somewhat unrealistic. I suggest revealing the absolute maximum amount you can spend and type of lodging you want, then you can get more suggestions. Try Cheapcaribbean.com for some ideas on how much AI's cost. Jamaica, might be an option for you.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

Not sure the water in Aruba can for sure meet your requirements, but as mentioned the Tara Suites at Bucuti would fit your other requirements with breakfast included in the price.

What did come to mind when reading your post is St John, but don't know about any AO resort. Then I thought about CSA in Negril. Great AO AI resort on a beautiful calm beach. That just might be your best fit-Couples Swept Away check it out and good luck.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

People may offer many, many alternatives. All well intentioned. You, hopefully, will not have many, many honeymoons. Aruba. Bucuti. If you can stretch your budget to include Tara Suites at Bucuti. Even better. . I assume that you are not close to retirement, so don't let a couple of thousand $ stand in your way. Have a great honeymoon. Don't go to Jamaica. Don't go to Mexico. Don't go to Dominican Republic. Someday, if you decide to try one of those destinations, do it. Not for your honeymoon.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

Did I read that right? Feb. 2014 - May 2014? The highest of high seasons? On a $3k budget? Really?

May I suggest Hershey Park with coupons to the indoor water slides?

Anyway, congrats on your wedding...much happiness!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

Mid April through May is doable for a bit more that $3k. I would be a lot more comfortable with a budget of $5k. Just don't think the OP has a grip on it, but who did when that age?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,356 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

As Tony said above, you will find more affordable rates from mid-April (or after Easter) through May. Low season begins after Easter which is when hotel rates will drop quite a bit.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
825 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

Aruba is my number one choice for a honeymoon/vacation.

If it doesn't fit your budget, take a look at Secrets Maroma in Mexico. Nice adults only AI on a great beach.

New York
Level Contributor
942 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where In Aruba can I find Calm/Clear Water for Honeymoon?

Take a look at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica. We stayed there a couple of years ago in June. It is an adult only all inclusive hotel on a quiet beach. No waves in the water. Just walk right in. Not deep either. It's like a lake. Traveling after Easter and flying on week days both ways will bring you the best price. Also, watch for a sale on Expedia, Bookit or Cheap Caribbean.