We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How expensive????????

North Carolina
5 posts
Save Topic
How expensive????????

I am trying to plan a trip for my husband and I in November and am unsure of where to go in the caribbean. I think Aruba looks nice. Can anyone tell me how expensive it is? And any suggestions on where to go in the carribean!!!!! Our main concern is the beach! We want pretty sand with crystal clear water!!!

Aruba ATV Island Tour with Ayo...
236 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Aruba Catamaran Cruise, 2-Stop...
150 Reviews
from US$42.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour: Arikok...
311 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Arikok National Park 4x4 Tour...
197 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Bedfodshire
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How expensive????????

Hi. I have never been to Aruba but I have booked for my honeymoon in Sept 2007 after 2 months of research, using this forum, websites etc. From what I have heard if you want nice beaches then go to Aruba. I have had friends visit other islands like Barbados and St Lucia and they have said that the water was sometimes cloudy with a current.

However from pictures I have seen of Aruba and comments on this forum, there are not these problems in Aruba.

Unfortunatley I can't help you on what beach is best but if you can try and look on web for pictures of baby beach - as this looks beautiful!

Al.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How expensive????????

Aruba beaches are beautiful and very calm, I am ready to go back in 12 days for my 4th time. We stay on Palm beach and love it. The water is the same in Negril, Jamaica, so if you ever been there you will not be dissapointed with the beaches of Aruba! The people are fanastic and the food is excellent! The water is crystal clear. I am a beach person and we are on the beach from about 10:00am until 4:30 everyday! You made a great choice!!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How expensive????????

HI

Aruba beaches are very pretty and nice but if you want extremely nice beaches, try St. John, St Barts or Anguilla. I have been to all 3 and they are gorgeous!!!! You can actually stay in St. Martin and take a ferry into St. Barts for the day or another ferry into Anguilla.

Aruba is beautiful also. The only concern about the above islands is hurricane season in which it ends in November and Aruba would be almost your best bet at that time. I am going to Aruba the first week in November myself.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How expensive????????

We always go to Aruba for about $4,000. You can certainly get cheaper though if you are willing to compromise your standards for your hotel.

Heres our cost breakdown:

Airfare:$1,000, although I have booked for cheaper,that is the average I get from Denver.

Hotel:7 nights in the Tara Suites at the Bucuti: about $2,000

7 dinners: $500

shopping, activities ect: $500

If you want a great beach, the beach at the Bucuti is (in my opinion) the best beach on the island. It is huge, white and the water around it is beautiful! Rooms at the Bucuti start at $175 in the low season if you want more reasonably priced rooms. Oh, and the hotel specifically caters to couples-they are the only hotel on the island that discourages small children, which I love because it makes for a quiet and relaxing vacation!

Hope this helps!

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How expensive????????

If your main concern is the beach, then I have to say Turks & Caicos.

Unlike any other beach I've been to. The sand is literally like powder. The water is clearer than anywhere else I've been.

Not sure about the weather in Nov. though. If I were you, I'd go to their forum and ask their local expert Potcake about it. She's EXTREMELY helpful.

I love Aruba for the island itself, but for the best beach you'll ever see and feel, T&C hands down.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How expensive????????

Are you looking to go AI or everything separate? You can sometimes get some good AI deals for Aruba. The Holiday Inn in particular. Have not stayed there nor done the research on this hotel so I have no opinion of it.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How expensive????????

USAirways has non-stop flights out of Charlotte. If you travel mid-week it should be cheaper.

buffalo,ny
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How expensive????????

I have been to Aruba 6 times. It is expensive,but if you stay at an all-inclusive resort it's not too bad. We have always stayed at The Holiday Inn on Palm Beach . The beach there is fantastic !!! You can walk the beach for miles and it is beautiful whiteish sand & the water is so blue !! I think you wouldn't go wrong if you went & stayed at The Holiday Inn.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How expensive????????

Another thing to remember is the weather! If it is hurricane season, your best bet it to go to Aruba! I keep going back each year because I just love it.

Growing up in Phila, Pa and going to the Jersey shore and putting your feet in that water will really make you appreciate their beautiful water. The beach is beautiful, food is fantastic, people are Great!!

Good Luck!

5 days and counting!

10. Re: How expensive????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 03:17