We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So le me get this straight (duty free) ?

Boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
So le me get this straight (duty free) ?

Hi I've never used duty free before. My understanding is that if I am comming from US to Aruba I am allowed to go to a duty free store in by baggage claim in Aruba.

On the way back to the US would I use the same store or one in the US?

Thanks for help!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,875 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So le me get this straight (duty free) ?

www.airportaruba.com/shopping.php…

=================

Here are the duty free shops at the airport departure. You will find them after clearing Aruba inspections but before the US inspections.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
627 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So le me get this straight (duty free) ?

Great website. Thanks. So when we arrive in Aruba I'm assuming we can go to any of the Duty Free shops, correct? Is one better than the other?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So le me get this straight (duty free) ?

Upon arrival in Aruba, there is only one Duty Free shop available to you and it will be located in the baggage claim area.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,875 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So le me get this straight (duty free) ?

These shops except the one mentioned by Amy are for departing visitors. Which one is better - well they sell different things - I suggest shopping around the various shops if you have enough time before flight and taking into account time needed for the US inspection process.

Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So le me get this straight (duty free) ?

If you are wanting to bring booze into Aruba, why not buy in the duty-free area of your departure airport?

6. Re: So le me get this straight (duty free) ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19