We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Already booked now need advice

Bensalem
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Already booked now need advice

I booked the Tam in early April. They asked if I had any requests and did not know what to say. I asked for a room on the 2nd floor figuring the view would be better in the air. I also figured it may be less intrusive with people walking past the room. Can someone give me the best room to stay in? I heard some of the rooms are a far walk and others are near the noise. Any advice on room selection? I am sure they will still accommodate my room request. I am staying with my wife and children ages 12 and 15 which is our 1st trip to Aruba. We have been to several other islands.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Already booked now need advice

I recommend asking for a room in the 1600 block--that's midway. We have only ever stayed in first floor rooms (three times!), but that is just our preference. There are really no "bad rooms" at the Tam.

I hope you have a great trip!

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Already booked now need advice

On our first trip to Aruba we stayed at the Tam. We heard the same things as you and we requested 2nd floor but not a building. When we arrived we were set for a room right behind the pizza bar. Within minutes we were back at the desk requesting a building further away from the noise. (Bingo and music) we were placed in building with 1600 which is further away but not that far from bars and restaurants. We were so glad that we changed rooms. All rooms have easy access to the beach and have beautiful views. Enjoy!

3. Re: Already booked now need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 01:05
Bensalem
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Already booked now need advice

Why was this removed? What was wrong with my post?

5. Re: Already booked now need advice

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 05:05
Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Already booked now need advice

I don't think there was anything wrong with your post. I believe #2 may have been posted twice. Sometimes double-posts are reported.

I have no idea about #5, though...I didn't see that.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Already booked now need advice

We've also stayed there 3 times, first floor all three times and loved it. You walk off your patio and are literally on the beach, you cannot get a better view than that. I liked it because we could go in and out our room from the patio (as long as we were sitting right there). But, I guess that's a personal choice.

We stayed in bldg. 11, 13 and 14. Never had a problem with noise or foot traffic, but maybe we were just lucky. I'd ask for a room in building 11, 12, 15 or 16, that way they have more leeway in granting your request. 13 and 14 are right next to the bar, pool, restaurants and anything further would be a little walk.

I should mention if you are near the end of building 11, they do play music in a bar next door on the upper area of the activity center, each afternoon, but we enjoyed listening to it.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Already booked now need advice

We were in the 2300 block for two trips and loved the seclusion. Our kids hated it, though....! LOL

9. Re: Already booked now need advice

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:22