We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute restaurant decisions...

Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last minute restaurant decisions...

We are leaving Monday (2/17/14) for our first trip to Aruba (staying at Marriott Stellaris). We have made reservations at three restaurants (Passions, Marandi, and Pincho's) and hope to fill the others nights with some well rated, but less expensive places like Salt & Pepper, Barney's, Bingos, Early Bird specials at various places, etc.). Our dilemma is that after reading reviews more extensively, we are second guessing the decision to dine at Pincho's. We have seen some great reviews on some other places that sound very nice (and some negative reviews regarding service at Pincho's). Those in the running as a potential Pincho's replacement are: Screaming Eagle, Ike's Bistro, Papiamento, and Carambola. The longer traveling distance to Pincho's is another factor. We are pretty set on Passions and Marandi, but hope the 3rd selection will provide a romantic atmosphere, interesting menu, and excellent service. We are open to advice! Thanks

Aruba ATV Island Tour with Ayo...
236 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Aruba Catamaran Cruise, 2-Stop...
150 Reviews
from US$42.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour: Arikok...
313 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Arikok National Park 4x4 Tour...
200 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
833 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

Screaming Eagle has been good over the years. Here's some photos and more from my latest visit:

bentpage.net/2013/…

Enjoy your visit.

boston,ma
Level Contributor
61 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

We love Pinchos. It is one of our favorites. We are arriving on the 26th, and will go back to Pinchos and going to try there new restaurant The West Deck.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

We were at Pinchos last week and had the usual fine food (grouper), good service and an amazing sunset on the water. I didn't think much about it, but it seems the taxi ride was about $15 as I recall. We tried West Deck also. It was a nice location near the linier park and would be one of those places we would hang out for an after work drink.

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

Went to Pincho's for the first time last August and will return....very good sunset meal...the West Deck is on our short list for our April visit

Edited: 14 February 2014, 11:32
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,553 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

We love Screaming Eagle and Ike's - both have excellent food. But we also like Pinchos as well.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

Restaurant choices are subjective. We won't return to Pinchos. Service and atmosphere were both very good. Food was just fair. That is just our opinion. I believe it is farther to Marandi i than to Pinchos.. Your top three are all water/beach choices. They exclude Barefoot, which is probably higher rated than any of them. So, one vote for Barefoot. If you wish to consider a different type setting, one vote goes to Windows On Aruba,. Screaming Eagle and Papiamento are good. Never been to Ike's or Carambola, so no opinion. I would go with one more upscale choice and drop Salt & Pepper. Confused yet? LOL.

Edited: 14 February 2014, 12:53
spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

We LOVED Windows on Aruba on our 1st visit after 4 trips in November - great food, ambiance, service and a sax player with small dance floor. Also loved Screaming Eagle and haven't had the chance to try several of your choices (got rained out at Passions) so many great restaurants, so little time :) Have fun !

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

we also love pinchos. never had bad sevice and the food is always good. looking forward to trying the west deck. for other romantic restaurants, i'd recommend windows on aruba and papiamentos.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

Papiamento would be my number one from your list. We love the setting and the food, Has a great time there 2 weeks ago for a nice event that allowed us to sample many different selections from their menu.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute restaurant decisions...

Barefoot gets my vote!