We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

Hi Everyone,

I travel with my son (13) and I was wondering if there are any places we could go that has live music (like Matthew's for example) and we wouldn't be turned away because of his age. I'm not sure how loose or strict it is in Aruba about this. Same question about Happy Hour. I'm not looking to drink to excess (never did, but I'm also too old for that!) but to go and chill & have an inexpensive drink while my teen son eats a snack, etc...

Is this possible? and where do you suggest we go/try?

Thanks in advance for the advice! we'll be there at the end of June.

Yesi

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

Go to Bugaloe's on the pier near the Radisson. All ages welcome and live music on certain nights (check their schedule on their website) that usually begins around 5:30-6ish. They also have a happy hour and the usualy bar type of food/snacks.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

I think you will find that your son is welcome anywhere you go. Bugaloo has a good selection of live music & a mix of people young & old. Saw an awesome display of air guitar from a 3 year old last time.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 18:48
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

I love it (the air guitar by the 3 yr old!) :)

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

How awesome! Thanks to both Amy & Purestone!

We can't wait to be there! and great news about welcoming all ages!

(I say this as I'm sitting here full of documents and busy as tax season has started ) ugh... but I'm already imagining myself with a fruity drink in my hand and sunbathing!

So Bungaloo definitely on the list, if you think of any other please let me know :)

thanks again!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

Let me know how your son liked the island and what his favorite things were. Our family is headed there this winter. Enjoy!!!

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

Will do Denise!

I hope to write a full report when we come back in July!

Can't wait! :)

7. Re: Live Music or Happy Hour with Teen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:23