We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront ding

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Beachfront ding

I thought I posted this earlier but I guess not. What are your favorite beachfront breakfast and dinner. And please state if it is toes in the sand and why you like it. We will have our 7yo and 5yo so somewhere that fairly we'll behaved kids don't have to act perfect. We have only done Moomba which we like for the ambiance and close location to Surf Club. And we did Mirandi at their old location which we loved but have not don their new location.

New England
Level Contributor
972 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront ding

Walk to Scott's Bratts on the beach for breakfast or lunch

Great breakfast sand which with bloody Mary's

Other beach dining for dinner would be Barefoot or Passions. Both great

Minnesota
Level Contributor
624 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront ding

I agree. Go to Scott's Brats at least once for breakfast and lunch. Great food and easy to stop and have a fun meal.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront ding

We love Passions (tables in the sand by the water) but it is more for couples/special celebrations. Personally, I would not take small children there since I've seen a few ruin a romantic atmosphere there for others.

With kids I would go Matthews (at Casa del Mar) or Ricardo's (at Aruba Beach Club). Both serve bteakfast, lunch and dinner, have a nice view and are more family friendly.

massachusettes
Level Contributor
371 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront ding

IMO if I am spending money to go to a romantic toes in the sand restaurant the last thing I want to see is kids-i do not care how well behaved they are. Are there any restaurants that are toes in the sand that are adults only? I know some people will not like my response but it is my honest OPINION!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront ding

Not 'toes in sand,' but La Vista at the Marriott Resort has a lovely outdoor patio with views of the beach and ocean. The restaurant is family friendly and the buffet (suggested for the adults in your group, due to per person price) is excellent. You should also consider them for any of the theme-night buffets. The Carnivale-themed dinner is quite good, and I think your children would be well entertained by the singers, dancers, and elaborate costumes.

I am inclined to agree with the posts above; true toes-in-sand dining is typically favored by couples or groups of adults who wish to enjoy a relaxed experience.

Enjoy!

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront ding

Mdzone, that is why I specified. I won't bring.my kids to Flying Fishbone for that reason. Also why would I pay the price for a romantic dinner for my 7 and 5yo. Mombasa has toes in the sand but is not romantic. I wanted to try Matthews for breakfast.

massachusettes
Level Contributor
371 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront ding

Sorry I misunderstood your intent. I think Gilligans at the Radisson is outside beachfront and a nice place for kids. Also have seen a lot of families at Bugaloe for dinner and music/- very fun place for all! Somehow in all my trips we have never been to Moombas- maybe this May we will get there! We had brunch at Matthews( they no longer do this) and it was very good. This year we are going to try Barefoot for our anniversary/ feet in the sand place( I hope) !

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachfront ding

matthews is a great place for breakfast. resonable, good food and you can watch your children from the restaurant, should they decide to play on the beach.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beachfront ding

If you're set on bringing the kids to "toes in the sand", love Barefoot. With the kids, I'd go early, like 6:00-6:30 when it's not so romantic and more fun eating on the beach. The food, service and sunset view is incredible. You're going to spend a little cash but Barefoot is on the top of my list of restaurants this year.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beachfront ding

My 2 favorite on the beach.

Adults only, Elements at Bucuti resort. http://www.bucuti.com/resort-info/dining

Not adults only but really should be, http://barefootaruba.com/, one of the best staffs on the Island.

With kids, Gilligan's at Radisson. Not in the sand but appropriate.