We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Car Rental

New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Car Rental

Hi, I have read all the treads on Royal but no recent reviews. Has anyone recently rented one of there 4x4 the older style. I'm getting ready to book and I'm unsure due to mix reviews but are trying to stay on a budget. I have also e-mailed Yes Car Rentals and are still waiting to hear back from them. I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks so much

New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Car Rental

Anyone like to share there good experience?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Car Rental

We never rented a jeep from them but we did rent vans from them in 2008 and 2012. The vehicles showed a great deal of wear but the communication was great and they offered good customer service in the pick up and drop off. If we ever need a van again we would not hesitate to rent from them again.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Car Rental

Thank you so much for your reply. I just received my confirmation from them for my reservation. I just wanted to make sure there have been some equally good outcomes. It definitely helps in our final decision making. Now I just have to figure out the insurance with my credit cards and provider.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
430 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Car Rental

Just to reassure you, I have rented from Royal and been very happy. When I was renting from them they would offer you a cell phone to use on the island, but you had to put some minutes on it. It was good for making reservations rather than incurring a room charge at your hotel or using your own cell phone, which can be very expensive.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Car Rental

When I last used Royal in 2012 they no longer offered the cell phone. :(

New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Car Rental

Thank you Maryanne for the reassurance. That is exactly what I was looking for when I posted this thread. That's to bad they don't offer the cell phone anymore. That is my next dilemma because our cell phones will not work in Aruba. Any suggestions on who has the lowest prices? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Car Rental

Rented from Royal last September.. Going back in July and have reservations for two jeeps this time around (bringing more family).

Urmie has been very responsive in email and we had no problems with them last time..

When we arrived last time the shuttle guy from royal was right outside of customs waiting for us when we arrived and probably within 20 - 30 minutes of getting off the plane we had been to the office, gotten the jeep and were on our way.. It was a newer 2012 and mechanically was fine.. We had no issues!! Return was just as easy.. Very responsive.

BTW.. Do not worry that they are not AT the airport.. They are literally a stones throw(very hard one mind you :-) ) out of the parking lot!!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Car Rental

check out aruba bb for reviews on royal

New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Car Rental

jplayer1978, Thank you for your reply. I'm relieved to hear you also had a good experience with Royal. It sounds like you rented the newer jeep. We are renting the older model. I did ask through e-mail what year was the jeep and if it had air conditioning and I didn't get a response back. I hope our experience is as positive as yours.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Car Rental

mlady, I'm having a hard time finding the BB. Doesn't look like they have one in Aruba.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean