We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

San Diego
6 posts
Save Topic
One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

Hi fellow trippers,

We just received an updated itinerary for our flights to and from Aruba in June and we will now only have an hour layover in Miami on our return flight home. My question is whether this will be enough time to get to our next gate? My understanding is that we go through customs and immigration in Aruba so hopefully there won't be much waiting. Any advice or tips would be great!

Leah

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

We only ever have an hour in Charlotte, and it is no problem whatsoever. If you stride briskly off the plane, you should be just fine. While an hour only seems scary, the airlines don't want you to miss your connection any more than you do, and one hour beats four into a cocked hat. I'm sure all will be just dandy!

Have a great trip!

San Diego
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

Thanks Lori! That makes me feel better. We are an active group and will be sure to hustle to our next gate :)

New England
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

You will be fine!!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

In a "strange airport," I always like to figure out where the connecting gate is during descent so I kinda sorta have my bearings upon landing. I am usually in charge of our family when we travel and this makes me look like MUCH less of a clueless dork.

Acton, Maine
Level Contributor
262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

We have been connecting in Miami for years with a one hour layover with no problems,

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

Lori, just what is a cocked hat? :)

7. Re: One hour layover in Miami (return flight)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16