We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

Hello,

We will be staying in a Premium Ocean View room at this hotel in October, however everyone raves about the Tradewinds and I wanted to know what the estimate upgrade cost would be an is it really worth it? I just want to have an idea, so maybe we can plan for a upgrade in our budget. We are three women in our late 30's.

Thank you :)

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
#2 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Playa Linda Beach Resort
Playa Linda Beach Resort
#4 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Phoenixville...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

I too have booked a premium ocean view, and I’ve been wrestling with the same notion. I believe it’s about $150 more per day. You do get a lot of perks, and I’m sure it is well worth it…but only if you intend to make full use of all the perks. For example, breakfast buffet at La Vista is about $25. For my wife and I, that’s a $50 savings right there. Then there is the free lunch, light dinner/happy hour, plus soft drinks, water, and beer in the lounge, plus reduced rate fee for cabanas, etc. Will we make up $100 worth of that “stuff” each day? Quite possibly. However the down side for me is, I’m afraid it will tie me to the resort too much, and more specifically to the Tradewinds lounge where most of the free stuff is. Will we end up spending all of our time in that lounge to get the full benefit of the Tradewinds perks? There’s a whole island to explore! I don’t want to feel tied to that lounge. Of course you don’t have to be, but, then is it worth paying for “stuff” you’re not going to take advantage of?

Now, if it entitled you to free drinks at *any* hotel bar/lounge, or free breakfast at La Vista, then I would view that as a no-brainer! There are other non-financial goodies too like separate check in, private section of beach, not to mention being on the top floor. It’s a tough decision…one I haven’t fully made yet! :-)

Mentioned in this post
La Vista
La Vista
1,095 Reviews
Aruba
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,400 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

This question can be looked at from the cost point of view where you would basically stay at the resort during your stay to take advantage of the cost.

or

It can be looked at from what is it that you want to do while visiting the Island. There are many restaurants throughout Palm Beach and Eagle Beach area's that can be explored and taken advantage of while on the Island.

There are also other beach's that can be explored as well.

So if you are the type that is just going to stay in one spot during your visit then go with the Tradewinds, otherwise if you like to explore ..........

Mentioned in this post
Palm Beach
Palm Beach
7,003 Reviews
Aruba
Eagle Beach
Eagle Beach
7,908 Reviews
Aruba
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

Thank you for your responses, I think we will stick to our original room.

Georgia
Level Contributor
394 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

We've upgraded in the past for $125. Totally worth it in our opinion, especially if you drink. We ate breakfast there each morning, so saved us anywhere from say $15 (if we just got coffee/muffins from lobby cafe) to over $50. We ate lunch there almost every day - again saving a good $40 or so - also healtheir than what we would have paid for (they always have soup/salad, plus lunch meats, etc.). Everytime we 'd go in the lounge, we'd take a couple water bottles, club soda, and diet cokes to use w/ our liquor in our room - save a couple bucks each time. The evening cocktail hour was great. I won't say how much that saved us - haha. Internet is complimentary as well.

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
874 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

I so agree. I would pay the upgrade and not look back. Your room will have a much better view. We loved the ladies in the lounge and chatting with all the other customers. They offer food throughout the day. We loved the high tea. If you are there during a peak season you will appreciate the cabanas available from the Tradewinds club. If I remember we also received a discount on the pool cabanas at the adult pool too.

We have a couple nights booked there in February and are really looking forward to it.

We will be at the Radisson on their club level that week too. I will do a review of each when we return.

Texas
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

We upgraded when we arrived, last year. I think it was $125 per night. We stayed for 10 nights and got our money's worth. Also ate outside the hotel also because they are not serving full meals more like appetizers for dinner.

7. Re: Marriott Stellaris Tradewinds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:16