We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult only All Inclusives??

Port Huron, MI
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Adult only All Inclusives??

Are there any adult only AI in Aruba? I am looking for somewhere warm to go in December(where we can enjoy the pool water) and I was thinking Aruba, but I don't seem to see any adult only AI. We love doing the AI since we can just go and not have to think about costs. Suggestions?

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

The Renaissance Marina Tower is adult only and has an all-inclusive option. We stayed there for 10 days and really enjoyed it. It is located in downtown Oranjestad and there is an infinity pool there that looks out over the city and the harbor. It also offers access to a beautiful private island. There is a boat launch right in the building. The boats leave about every 15 minutes and it takes about 10 minutes to get there. There is a family side and an adult side to the island. We found it to be gorgeous on the island. You also have access to the facility across the street, which is the family friendly Ocean Suites. You can use the pool, beach, and loungers.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,963 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

Only adult only resorts in Aruba are the Bucuti and the Renaissance Marina. Bucuti is not an AI resort. The Ren has an AI package you can purchase but it is not a traditional AI like you would find in MX and the DR.

There are very few AI resorts in Aruba because of its abundance of great restaurants (casual to high end) and its safe to be out and about on the island.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

Which would you recommend more: Bucuti or Renaissance for adults? Also which has a nicer beach area?

Edited: 20 May 2014, 11:28
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,963 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

Renaissance is located downtown - the adults only marina tower has no beach but you are shuttled via a 10 minute boat ride to their private island which has a beach area for adults and one for families.

Bucuti is located on Eagle Beach. Very nice large beach area and you can do long beach walks in either direction.

Between the two, we would choose the Bucuti.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

Bucuti, but it is not AI if that is what you are looking for. As previously mentioned, the Renaissance has a beautiful private island. They are very different properties.

Burlington, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

My fiance and I just booked the Renaissance for 10 days for our honeymoon in July/August and couldn't be more excited about the resort.

Amy - you mentioned that it isn't a typical AI resort... how so? Are there pitfalls we should be looking out for?

Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,963 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

Not everyone at the Renaissance will be on the AI package since it's optional. It's just a little different than the usual AI resorts in MX and the DR where everyone who stays there is AI and there are no extra fees. You will more than likely be signing for your bar/restaurant bills even though you won't actually be billed for it. So it's a little different than just getting drinks, etc. and not worrying about anything. There may also be surcharges on premium brands of alcohol/wine and limitations at some of the nicer ala carte restaurants. I would ask for the full details of your AI package.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

Thank you, ArubaAmy. I think Bucuti would be more our vacation style even though it is not all inclusive even though a private island sounds very nice.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,963 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

The beach at the Bucuti is huge and you can be on it within seconds instead of taking the boat to the private island at the Ren. There are pros and cons to everything - just have to figure out what's most important to you. ;)

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adult only All Inclusives??

Also I think a breakfast is included with a stay at the Bucuti, which makes things easier ..

Edited: 20 May 2014, 21:15