We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to book online

Pittsburgh...
11 posts
Save Topic
Best place to book online

What is the best website that you booked a trip from online?

Bad reviews or issues from any?

Aruba ATV Island Tour with Ayo...
236 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Aruba Catamaran Cruise, 2-Stop...
150 Reviews
from US$42.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour: Arikok...
313 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Arikok National Park 4x4 Tour...
200 Reviews
from US$89.99*
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to book online

I don't believe there is a "best" because they seem to vary for each destination and it is a good practice to check several. This year, I booked Aruba through Orbitz and Las Vegas through South West Air. Last year, I booked Aruba directly with the hotel and airline. Booked package deal for Vegas with the hotel. I always check Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and direct options. WIOL has worked for St Martin.

Mentioned in this post
Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to book online

I check the same ones as Tony and add Cheapcaribbean which seems to have good Mexico prices-at least they have in the past. People on this board also like aruba4me so I'd check that out as well.

Lima, Ohio
Level Contributor
175 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to book online

I usually use expedia but have also used Travelocity and orbitz in the past. I have also booked with the hotel directly too. I just try to find the best deal I can.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to book online

Out of Pittsburgh, I'd have to say Expedia. I have helped my sister with researching the last few years and Expedia seems to offer the least expensive packages.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to book online

Look at all options to compare and don't forget to check these 2 as well....

www.aruba4u.com

www.cheapcaribbean.com

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to book online

I just received a mailing from aruba4u. Their price for a standard room with air is higher than I paid for a garden view room with air. They have had flight restrictions in past offerings. This mailer did not mention that flights are mid week out of JFK or EWR as past mailers have. Didn't provide flight info. My flights are non stop out of PHL. Good flight times each direction. Radisson is the hotel. I booked with Orbitz. Although worth checking, aruba4u has lost some of the advantage they used to enjoy.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
269 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to book online

I got the best deal for our trip in September booking the hotel directly through the hotel's website (saved over 50%) and the airfare with Southwest (less than $400 a person direct from BWI).

sometimes we get the best deals purchasing a package through Expedia or Orbitz. I reiterate what others have said...price a bunch of different sites and see which one gives the best deal :)

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,963 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to book online

http://www.trivago.com/

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to book online

I got a great deal on WIOL twice for the Divi Phoenix. They had a 22% off sale, and it was a booking during high season.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to book online

When we stayed at AMBR, we got the best deal through the hotel website. We got great deals at the Tamarijn with CheapCaribbean AND their 50% off February specials, and we booked the Radisson with aruba4u. We just got the same mailing that Tony mentioned and today I got an e-mail from the Divi properties with some great deals.