We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

avis review

Hamilton, Ohio
Level Contributor
299 posts
343 reviews
Save Topic
avis review

Since there was previous bad comments i wanted to express my view of the place as I just got back from aruba today andb used them. I booked an all inclusive rate through carrental.com. upon arrival I was assisted by an older guy soft spoken and bald. He was really nice and professional. If you dont buy their insurance they put a $900 hold on your credit card. They also wanted an additional $39 for some sort of tax and they said it was not included. We got a newer kia picante in great shape. Return was easy as well no tricks or issues but we had the same guy again. Now forb the negatives. We overheard several people dealing with a woman that worked there and she was beyond nasty to people. The woman was heavy set and had shorter hair pulled back. The couple asked her questions about directions and this lady literally bit their heads off and said if they cant read a map they shouldn't drive. I also overheard her yelling at someone when they brought a car back saying it was shaking at higher speeds. The lady basically called them a liar. Honestly I am not sure its the whole rental place or just some of the reps

If I would have been waited on that woman I would have flipped out. I am just glad I got the nice guy and a good car. .

california
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: avis review

Thanks for the review!

sounds like they're a NO GO! and you were very lucky!

they might be relying on their "Name" and nothing else...

I booked with Hans from Tropic and I'm so glad I did! Everyone loves him here! :)

we'll be there in 2 weeks! can't wait!

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: avis review

That $900 hold on your credit card is a negative to me.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: avis review

I agree with the above post about the 900 dollar hold being a negative. Our rental car is from Hans (Tropic) and like last year, the pickup was so easy and quick.

4. Re: avis review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16