We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Ohio to Aruba

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Ohio to Aruba

My husband and I are planning a special trip to Aruba in June 07 for our 50th birthdays and our 20 yr. anniversary. Everyone says Aruba is wonderful but I'm just starting to look for airfare and the flights I'm seeing are all 11-12 hrs. long. Does anyone know of shorter flights or is that my only choice.

Also, would like to hear recommendations for hotels or resorts. Thanks.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Ohio to Aruba

I don't know where in Ohio you are from, but you will probably have to fly to Boston, NY, Philadelphia, Atlanta or Miami and then direct to Aruba. As an example, NY to Aruba is about four hours and tack on what it would take from your home to one of these gateways. It should not be more than a total of seven or eight hours tops.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Ohio to Aruba

Not sure what flights you have out of Ohio, but from Minneapolis we connect through Chicago (United), Charlotte (USAir), or Atlanta (Delta) and our flight is about 7-8 hours total.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Ohio to Aruba

If you are in Cleveland check out the flights out from PIT. I am planning my honeymoon around the same time and the flight time is 6-7 hours. Just a thought. Good luck!

Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Ohio to Aruba

my husabd and I are from cincinnati and flew from cvg to atlanta

atlanta to aruba total travel time was about 5.5 hr including the 1 hour layover in atlanta

Nebraska
Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Ohio to Aruba

We are flying out of Omaha direct to Atlanta on Delta which is a 3 hour flight with the time change and from Atlanta, it's only 4 hours to Aruba. The only thing that we're worried about is that we only have 45 min in Atlanta to change planes and Atlanta is a BIG airport. When we went in 2002, our luggage didn't make it with us so this year (2 weeks from Sat. yeah...) we are putting as much as possible in our carry on...

Chicago, IL
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Ohio to Aruba

Also an option from Ohio would be Washington DC (Dulles) to connect to United's daily nonstop.

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Ohio to Aruba

We flew from Akron-Canton to Charlotte (approx 1 hr.), then to Aruba (another 4 or 4 1/2 hrs.). Technically that took about 8-9 hrs. if you include the lay over in Charlotte. While switching planes can sometimes be a hassle, it does help break up the trip!

I understand your concern (we were married in Hawaii and, although VERY worth it, the 14+ hr flight was Brutal!).

Sometimes you're able to get a more direct flight by paying a little more. Expedia.com will let you search by 'price' or 'duration,' which shows the shortest flights first. Click on that choice just above where the flight choices are listed.

A side note: we just returned from our first Aruba trip at the beginning of the month and it IS all they say... hope you can find a flight that suits you!! It would be a fabulous place for a b-day/anniv. combo celebration!

8. Re: Flights from Ohio to Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 15:20