We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing liquor home from Aruba?

Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing liquor home from Aruba?

Are the "no liquids" travel restrictions still in place? If so, I assume it would apply to liquor purchased in the Caribbean?

NJ
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing liquor home from Aruba?

As I understand it from a friend that just returned. You can buy liquor in the duty free shops, they will package it and bring it to the other side of customs where you can claim it.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing liquor home from Aruba?

We returned the first week of September. I bought my Balashi (couldn't leave the island without it) at the duty free. They packaged it, took it to a place where you could claim it and you had to leave it in the original package and put it in your suitcase. It is a roped off area and one person is allowed in at a time. I put one package each in two different suitcases which you open one at a time. You cannot take anything out of your luggage though and put it in carry ons so be sure to leave space for the duty free liquor purchases.

3. Re: Bringing liquor home from Aruba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 19:17