We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trips in Aruba?

UK
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Boat trips in Aruba?

My husband and I are going to Aruba on 2 October and we are looking to spend a day on a boat with possibly snorkeling, etc. Unfortunately the tranquilo is not available and the Octopus only does half day trips. We were looking for a full day - any recommendations would be appreciated???

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

We went on the Mi Dushi full day. It went to the Antilla ship wreck and 2 other reefs. We saw lots of fish while snorkeling. They also provided lunch and we got to go on the rope swing. Open bar from the time you walk on the boat with champagne for Mimosas, pina colodas, beer, other hard liquors and mixed drinks. We enjoyed it,

Red Sail also does a snorkel trip and their catamarans are very nice. If we go back we would go with them. De Palm also offers a snorkel boat trip.

www.midushi.com

www.redsailsports.com

www.depalm.com

There is another boat that goes out only on Wedensday that goes to the same place as the Tranquillo. I can't remember the company's name. I checked into it, but we already had our Wedensday planned, Aruba Amy was nice enough to give me the name and the thread about it on on here somewhere. I tried doing a search, but couldn't find it. It wasa post I started and Aruba Amy answered. If your interested you can try to find it.

UK
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

Excellent - thanks. We dont really want anything raucous - any idea which would be the most serene!! I must be getting old!!!!!!

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

The Mi Dushi was not "raucous". All companies offer an open bar. It doesn't mean it's an all out drinking party boat. You can tell from our avatar picture we're not that young. We had a great trip with snorkeling, lunch and nice people. Any of the ones I mentioned would be fine. Check out their websites, compares prices and locations that they go to and decide from there.

Here's the site to our pictures if your interested. Our trip on the Mi Dushi is on there.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn

UK
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

Thanks KVR - much appreciated. Looks like its gonna be midushi!!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

My husband and I are both in our thirties and were there from Sept 16 - Sept. 20

We also did the snorkling tour on the Mi Duschi. We really did enjoy every part of it. The crew was awesome, and when they take out the rope swing a couple of the crew members do some really fantastic jumps. Worth bringing the camera for definitely.

We saw a lot of beautiful fish especially by the ship wreck and over closer to the beaches near the rocks (which was a little bit of a swim since they have to anchor the boat quite a bit off-shore, but really not too bad)

All in all it was a great trip.

Linda and Tim Flanagan

UK
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

Thanks everyone - am just sending my last email and then off to Gatwick for the flight tomorrow!!! Thanks for all your helfpul tips

NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

How do we get in touch with Tranquillo Tours? Did it a few yars ago and loved it but remember that no one at the hotel would give us the nubmer or book it for us. Do you have the E-Mail for Tranquillo?

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/

9. Re: Boat trips in Aruba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 04:15