We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a cheaper room

Naugatuck...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for a cheaper room

I'm going down 1 day earlier then my timeshare starts and looking for suggestions for a cheaper place to stay just for 1 night. It would be ideal if it was around Palm Beach since my timeshare is at Playa Linda.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

I needed a place to stay for 1 nite and I chose Sunset Beach Studios, less than a mile away from the Marriot. It was very inexpensive, ask for a garden studio, it has a kitchenette with everything you could possible need. Beach popular for windsurfing right across the street, a small pool, and really pretty grounds, and so peaceful and private. The staff was awesome!

www.aruba-sunsetsblvds.com

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

oops! sorry - try this one -

www.aruba-sunsetblvds.com

Rhode Island
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

Try MCV Eagle Beach. I got a room for Friday Jan. 12, 2007 for $98 tax included.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

Hi there. I'd like to hear from people who have stayed at Sunset Beach Studios. They have a reasonable rate for January, but the pictures of the beach don't fill me with joy. :-) I know that area is popular for windsurfing, but we like laying on the beach and swimming in the ocean. Can you tell me what the beach and water are like? The biggest thing is that it doesn't have a rough surf.

Thanks!

-dragon

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

I stayed at Sunset Beach Studios for 1 nite in October. Staying at this location will require a car rental, as there isn't too much nearby. The beach is awesome for a sunset but the sand is very rocky, not too sure how swimming would be we didn't try. This is also where a lot of horse back riders trot along the shore. I would think hopping in the car and heading to another beach is probably the best bet.

BTW - we LOVED Sunset Beach Studios and their staff. It's a great little place.

Michigan
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

Just got back from Auba today. Drove by Sunset Studios several times. They look clean and well maintained. There is a road between the studios and the beach. The beach is not the greatest. I actually got out and took a picture if you want me to e-mail it to you let me know. If you only need a place for one night it would be OK.

I also needed a place for one night and seen La Cabana on orbits for $109 a night. I stopped in and checked them out. It looked OK from what I could see, much busier than the Costa Linda where I stayed, plus the beach was across the street. La Cabana has a nice beach though and $109 is a great rate!

Also might want to check travelocity and expedia to see what comes up ias the price differences can be amazing. Out of the 3 places I checked online the Cabana came in at 109, 139, and 181 with Orbits being the cheapest.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

Sunset Beach is wonderful. I had a two bedroom on the street side. Clean and well managed. It is a great option.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

sunset apts is in malmok. there is only 1 sandy beach in malmok and it is just north of sunset villas. i believe sunset is at 492 LG Smith Blvd and the sandy portion of the beach is around 514 across from private residence.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

sorry sunset is at 486 and the sandy portion of the beach is across from 514 LG Smith Blvd. another great beach is arashi and boca catalina (both north of sunset apts). all 3 of these beaches are great for snorkeling and wind sports.

10. Re: Suggestions for a cheaper room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 14:18