We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info needed for Renaissance

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Info needed for Renaissance

We just had a priceline bid of $160/night accepted for the Renaissance! Woo hoo!

First, does anyone have an email address for them? I'd like to put in our request for a room type. (I know not guaranteed, but want to get in the request.)

Second - anyone have good inside information to get the most of our 2 nights there? Do you know the hours that the private island is open?

Thanks!!

-dragon

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,096 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

This is the only email address I have for them. Maybe someone in their sales dept. can direct you to the right person in reservations and answer your question about the private island.

Email: sales@arubarenaissance.com

Congrats on your Priceline bid!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

Maybe try the "contact us" link on the webpage.

I've gotten relatively quick replies from the Marriott that way in the past.

https://marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

Thanks to you both! I'll that a try.

-dragon

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,500 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

that is a great price. when are you going? The island is open early. The 1st boat leaves at 7:00, I think. Often I was the first person on the island. It was too cool.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

sfineman - we are staying there for 2 nights 1/11 & 1/12, before our 5 night timeshare deal at Marriot Ocean Club. There is no way that Mr Dragon will have the ambition to get out of bed in order to make the 7:00 shuttle. Do you know what time the last shuttle is?

The island is the primary reason I am excited about getting the Renaissance, what else can you tell me about it, I checked the entire area out on google earth and the island sure is long, can you walk easily from one beach to the other? Can you walk the length of the island?

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,500 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

The last shuttle leaves about 7:00 pm. The gym is out there so many pple seem to go out there in the afternoon. You can walk the island tho I havent. There is an adult side and family side. I go to the family side. There is a bathroom and restaurant. Also a Red Sail store. You can rent water type things and also Jet Ski's. It is a different experience being downtown. Rent a car for your stay.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
324 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

I also got an good price for my room....not that good $176.00 per night and a food/beverage credit.but my point is that is for the basic room. I had requested a high floor prior to arrival but no other requests. When we got there I asked if there were any upgrades available and they upgraded me to a much larger room for just $20.00 per night. My suggestion is wait until you get there to ask for room specifics. Jan is not high season and they will likely have upgrades available. I believe with a timeshare trade will have you in a suite at the Ocean tower. They will likely put you in an island view (overlooking the parking lot) so if you ask for an upgrade they will try to put you ocean view. You will get the best and cheapest upgrades if you ask when you arrive!

The island is 7am-7pm and it's fabulous. Have a GREAT time!!

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

Thanks for the input everyone....we'll be sure to leave a trip report when we return :-)

9. Re: Info needed for Renaissance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 15:19