We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
NY
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Air Fare -- Good Price?

Hello!

We can get two non-stop tickets for just over $750 for September 2007. Should I hold out for a better price or will it just keep going up? Thanks! Lisa

NY
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

Forgot to mention this is out of the NY/NJ area.

Level Contributor
255 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

that's definitely too high. you shouldn't have to pay more than $600 for a direct flight even during high season. i've been keeping an eye on aruba airfare for last 5 years and the last 2 years has been in record lows. we were there for thanksgiving and paid under $250 on aa.com. we did buy the tickets 2.5 months earlier and flying out of the same area you are in.

tip: jetblue flies direct now--this year's breaking news.

you can also try using sights like kayak.com which searches multiple sights/airlines for you. flighting out of newark is usually slightly lower as well.

just keep an eye on it.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

You said the $750 is for TWO tickets? If I'm reading that correctly, then, yes, it's a good price. If the $750 is only for ONE ticket, then it's too high and I would wait.

NY
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

Yes, that's for *two* tickets including taxes and fees.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

Great price for a non-stop. I'd book it!

Level Contributor
255 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

sorry, i didn't read the TWO. that's a great price!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

That is fair for two during their low season. Certainly not a steal but very fair.

Ann Phelan

NY
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

Do you guys think it might go down? I don't know how much better it can get and if it's worth the risk of waiting. Thanks!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

Not sure what airport you are flying out of but where we are - you cannot fly out anywhere cheap. In Sept I bought 2 tickets to Aruba (going in January), trust me, I looked everywhere for the best buy. It cost $1,667.60 for the 2 tickets.

Granted, we are going in Jan and you are going in Sept. and different aiports, but..... do I think $750 for 2 tickets is a good price? You betcha!!!!!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Fare -- Good Price?

PS. Forgot to mention. The price I paid was partly the result of playing the waiting game.

Same thing happened to us flying to Telluride. Maybe others are better but every time I play the waiting game, I end up loosing.