We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aruba airfare

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
aruba airfare

when is the best time to purchase airfare? we are leaving may 4th....is it too soon to buy now or should we wait for a better price? we live in boise, idaho so it is a long trip and we are pobably limited on flights.....

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aruba airfare

I've always found flights to get higher in price closer to the date.

new york
Level Contributor
417 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aruba airfare

If you purchase a ticket and the fare drops you can get refunded you have to watch the fares though which takes time. I agree book as soon as you find something you could live with most time fares will increase

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,096 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aruba airfare

What are the prices that you're getting right now?

We live in Minneapolis and. for our area, anything under $550 (with a good connection) is decent. Anything in the $400's is great and I will book it right away.

I just booked my flight for late April last week and got a fare of $430 RT for 9 days (Thurs.-Sat.)

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aruba airfare

right now the best fare is $810 and that is connecting through chicago!!! very high.

new york
Level Contributor
417 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aruba airfare

Thats seems really high I have seen non stop for less then that 710 I booked for spring break week on usair from lga with good connection in clt for ttl 458pp shop around for sure

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aruba airfare

where is Iga?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,096 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aruba airfare

LGA is LaGuardia Airport in NY.

Have to remember that different markets of the U.S. command different prices. I'm not sure what the best fare is for you out of your area or what the "average fare" would be.....I only know my own prices/market. Of course, most flights from the east coast to Aruba will probably be cheaper than what you're going to pay.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: aruba airfare

The poster who said to buy now and if the fare goes down you can get a refund is not correct. I tried this on Delta and their policy is no refunds or credit vouchers if the fares go down. It is possible that different airlines have different policies, but check in advance.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,096 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: aruba airfare

Medic is correct - only certain airlines offer refunds or vouchers for the difference in price if your fare goes down.

American will offer a refund directly to your credit card.

United issues travel vouchers for the amount (I've done this several times with United.)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: aruba airfare

We went last summer and bought our tickets in Feb. Thought we got a good deal at $575 non-stop out of NYC (JFK). Well, about 6 weeks prior to our departure, the airfare dropped dramatically to about $375 pp non stop. Also, could not get a refund. This year, we are going back but I am waiting to buy the tickets until 6 weeks before. Right now, out of NY Delta is about $488, but I'm holding out for better. I know it is taking a chance