We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Car Rentals

Salisbury...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Car Rentals

Who is aware of any airport car rentals that allow a senior over 75 to drive?

We have an 81 y/o in the party.

Fingers crossed, thanks1

Nutts Corner...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Car Rentals

If you are up front with the age matter and the party has a good driving record and no impairments, some places MIGHT waive the age limit. But, because more than one person will be in the group (you indicated that there was going to a party of people) WE fail to see why someone younger in the group cannot do the driving and that may be the position of the vendors as well. You won't be able to tell until you get there and present your case. Some non-airport vendors might be more likely to be responsive. If your objective is to pass the driving duties to the older party so that everyone else can be more festive in their ways, WE do not think that such an argument will prevail.

You might want to try booking online or otherwise directly before your trip and see what the programs or contacts do when you indicate that you have an older driver involved.

WE are not optimistic that you will find a vendor but it is worth trying if it is a concern or issue for you - Good Luck.

Salisbury...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Car Rentals

That's a lot of capital WE's. Um, last year it wasn't a problem I just couldn't remember the vendor. Anyways- thanks.

3. Re: Airport Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 January 2017, 13:19
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Car Rentals

Hertz Car Rental-Aruba Airport-A Definite Avoid!

We have rented cars in Aruba from Hertz for 8 previous years, usually for a week at a time. This year, much to my chagrin, we were told by Hertz personnel that they no longer bring the car up to the office, but instead expect the customers, loaded with baggage, to walk down over to their parking lot, and find the assigned car. This presents problems with reviewing the car for dents, and there are many, and I noticed one customer observing that his vehicle had more dents than were listed on his form. The young man who I dad the misfortune to deal with, wouldn't even step outside his office to point out directions to the parking lot for me. Finally a female employee made the ultimate sacrifice and accompanied us to the car.

The car had brakes that squeaked loudly every time the brakes were applied but that was not as bad as some of the vehicles we have rented from Hertz in the past. The excuse Hertz used was that the Airport no longer allows them to bring the cars up to the office. However, on the way, we asked an Alamo employee if he was driving his customers' cars up to their office. He said he does for Alamo, National, and one other company. Obviously the poor service is a Hertz exclusive. For their prices (over $700 for 2 weeks for a Nissan Versa), you would hope to get a little more courtesy and service.

Also, just to put the icing on the cake, I was informed that Hertz (at least in Aruba) will no longer be accepting American Express. My Gold Card includes rental insurance, so without it I would have to pay significant additional charges.

Goodbye to Hertz, and Hello to anyone else!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
516 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Car Rentals

Hertz in Aruba is awful. I will never rent from them again. Try Tropic Car Rental (Hans is terrific if you are lucky enough to get a car from him). I also use YES (Ricky is the owner and he is very good). There are many good local options. Hertz only survives b/c of the name and people are unnecessarily afraid of local options.

calgary, alberta
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Car Rentals

Definitely try Tropic Car Rental in Aruba. Accommodating, reliable, kind!

Boston
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Car Rentals

we will not rent from car rental that does not take american express because we love that rider for $25.00 which provides peace of mind

Southwest Gulf...
Level Contributor
3 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Car Rentals

Tropic sets the bar very high for rental agencies. Picked us up at the airport, had a person at the airport when we dropped the car off, and provided a quality car along with a smile. When we go back, we won't look any where else than Tropic Car Rental.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Car Rentals

We liked Tropic when we first used them but were unable to rent from them on a subsequent visit. Hans recommended wheels2go and we haven't looked back.

New England
Level Contributor
358 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Car Rentals

Just a natter -- But, typically additional drivers for the rental car results in extra charges.

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations