We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daihatsu rentals

RI
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Daihatsu rentals

Hi all- I feel as though I am obsessing with car rentals...

I was wondering if anyone has rented the 4x4 daihatsus that are available in aruba. Are they adequate for driving off road?

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daihatsu rentals

i too have a question about the 4 x 4 daihatsus: are they large enough for 5 adults plus luggage? i've never heard of them before. is it similar to the the name "yaris" which is called another name here in the States?

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daihatsu rentals

We rented one of those from Hertz for $63/day. Got to the Natural Pool, a little nervous if we would make it, though! Kept thinking that if we blew a tire we would be, well, you know. There is room for 2 in the front, and 3 [a little tight] Back has limited luggage room. We put the back seat down for the 2 of us. I just read this to my husband. He says it about the size of my Subaru Forester. He feels 5 people with luggage would be too tight.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daihatsu rentals

thanks for the info. it looked smaller than the nissan xterra in the picture and the rate was higher too but pictures can be deceiving.

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
622 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daihatsu rentals

I don't think the pictures were deceiving. The Daihatsu is a very small, compact SUV while the X-Terra would be considered more of a mid to full size SUV. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the X-Terra is comparable in size. It can handle 5 adults comfortably and has quite a large space in the back for cargo. If you can get an X-Terra for less than a Daihatsu I would definitely take that deal.

LSH

Hartford...
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daihatsu rentals

You can go online to Royal car rental and ask them. I have always gotten great service from them and they have great rates, especially 4X4's. I have rented from them for the past 5 years. Ask them there opinion...they will answer you honestly. Their website is arubaroyal.com.

6. Re: Daihatsu rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations