We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
44 reviews
Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

Hi,

Going for the first time with my 18 years old and dad on my bday October 13 to 18.

Which hotel is better, best location looking for a great beach, great food and great night shows/ entertainment in their theaters. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated and what to do there. Where do you see the flamingos dolphin

10 replies to this topic
Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

the locations.........Holiday Inn is in the Palm Beach area. Lovely beach and lots of activities for all. Although the Divi AI is great I think it is in a too quiet area for the liking of your adult teen

Neither has great food or great shows. The food at both is ok/good.

Some hate it Some love it. My take on it is that the food is ok.

(last time we stayed at Divi/Tamarijn the food was good)

An occasional dolphin sometimes is seen in the harbor downtown.

The flamingos are at Renaissance Island.

Hi,

Going for the first time with my 18 years old and dad on my bday October 13 to 18.

Which hotel is better, best location looking for a great beach, great food and great night shows/ entertainment in their theaters. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated and what to do there. Where do you see the flamingos dolphin

Woodbridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
366 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

The variety at Holiday Inn for all inclusive is very limited. We did it on our first stay and I wouldn't recommend it. We love Holiday Inn, but their all inclusive plan is not worth the extra cost

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

I too would pass on the AI at the HI but would certainly stay there. If you are set on an AI the Divi is fine but like Andrea said your son may not enjoy it as much as the Palm Beach area. You could also look at the Hilton on Palm if that is of any interest.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

My sister and her family, two kids early 20's, do AI a lot and recently did HI.While they enjoyed the resort itself with the pools and nightlife, they really didn't care for the AI aspect of it at all. It's quite limited compared to what she's used to. More so, you feel like a second class citizen compared to the majority of non-AI people staying there, as the hotel focuses on getting that extra revenue.

Her advice is right, "If you are going to do AI, do it at a place where that's all they do."

New York
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

There are no "great night shows/entertainment" in the Divi theater. Divi does have a theater. They do have some entertainment outside around the pool area of either the Divi Resort or Tamarijn Resort which is a short walk away.

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

Thank you all for your advise. I was debating between both hotels had to decide last week so I booked in Divi All Inclusive I really enjoy a quite and peaceful beach don’t like the crowd places but definitely will take a cab one day to palm beach to enjoying there I’m not sure if we can use the Divi Phoenix resort Bach and pool for the day there but def going there one day if there is another place we should visit in Aruba in our 6 days stays I will greatly appreciate the suggestions.

Thank you all again!

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
804 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

You will love the Divi Resort-no need to leave and go to the Phoenix. Many restaurants as you can use the ones at the Tamirijn too. No one says you can't take a taxi and go out to clubs, bars, etc. Enjoy!

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
44 reviews
8. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

Hi Surfway,

Thank you for the advise, I feel more relaxed now knowing that Divi was a good choice.

Any suggestions where to buy souvenirs in Aruba not too expensive.. I always like to bring a little thing to my employees around $1 each souvenir.

Thank you,

Vivian

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

Check the street vendors on the road before entering the main part of town.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
851 posts
118 reviews
10. Re: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort

Vendors come to the Divi on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They set up a number of tables with anything from jewelry to Ts and carved wood items.

Reply to: Aruba All inclusive holiday In Vs Divi Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad