We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

We will be in Aruba in December 1st through 18th, our first time. We want to do a snorkel/sail cruise and a sunset cruise. I have been researching several. We do not like big crowds! I have read that MiDushi is one of the best with personalized attention. We have only snorkeled one time (last year in Belize). Any suggestions as to which one is the best, least crowded? All info will be appreciated!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

If you want a really small crowd, book with Tranquilo....you will not see other boats in the area he takes you to......and it's a sail boat.....a wonderful sail back to where you were picked up and a great lunch with homemade pea soup and drinks, of course.

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

We did the MiDushi a few times and it is a larger crowd, but alot of fun. If you are looking for a smaller crowd, I second Tranquillo. Cap't Anthony is THE best. He does a day snorkel out to the Spanish Lagoon and a sunset cruise, which we do twice every year we go. Usually only 8-10 of us and we are really taking care of!!

Teanne

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

Thanks so much. I will look up Tranquilo's website and download it to take with. The smaller group is just what we are looking for. Does the resort assist with booking (we are staying at Manchebo Beach Resort)or is it better to book independently once we get there?

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

You might also think about the Octopus. We debated back & forth between the Tranquilo & the Octopus, and we went with the Octopus. It was a good trip!

The day we went out, it was a tiny crowd (6 people).

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

Oh, and if you do Octopus & get a coupon in that little red bag you get at the airport, it's only good if you book it yourself. I think there's some sort of arrangement between hotels & restaurants/activities, because I saw that posted on many coupons. It's about a dollar per phone call at the Manchebo, so we made the call so that we could use our $5 coupon.

The Manchebo will book anything & everything you'd like. I thought their staff at the desk was great. Since you'll be there during busy season, if you really want to do something, I'd think about booking it before you get there, though.

MVI
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

I'm sure manchebo will book it for you but you might be better off booking on-line and then confirming when you arrive! Enjoy

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

I looked up Octopus, but I think Tranquilo is more 'our style' Octopus looks more like a party scene, not for us. But thanks to all for the input!!!

8. Re: Mi Dushi Snorkel or ?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 14:21
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations