We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

la cabana resort

new york
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
la cabana resort

hi has anyone been recentlyl to la cabana resort?

are the restaurants any good there?

or should i go to palm beach area instead ....

thanks 7 more weeks till aruba

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: la cabana resort

I would go elsewhere for dinner. Eat breakfast and lunch in your room.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: la cabana resort

We stayed at LaCabana in June. We did NOT eat at any of their restaurants, other than ordering a pizza one day @ the pool (in was decent). There are so many places to eat all over Aruba. Now the resort does have some nice (very clean) gas BBQ, if you want to cook one night. I think they also have where you can put in a order for a BBQ package (meat, etc) and you cook it yourself.

Now if you are a couple, right across the street (and down one hotel) is Passion's restaurant. They are open Thurs-Sunday. You can have a nice sunset dinner. Again, we did not get a chance to eat there

(they just reopen, a few days b4 we left). We did have a drink there one night, and it was very nice.

Also, spoke w/a couple and they love it.

Our room at LaCabana was very nice and clean (a little dated)---the resort is undergoing a remodel.

Where we were @ we never noticed, the pool and beach

were great. We really like Eagle beach, not a ton of people. That area the resorts aren't very high,

so less rooms=less people.

Any ? just ask! Have fun!!!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: la cabana resort

LaCabana's food is good for breakfast and lunch, that's about it.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: la cabana resort

I agree with all the other comments, breakfast & lunch ok, but not dinner. There are so many nice restaurants within walking distance that it won't matter though. Examples, LeDome, Passions, Flying Eagle. Madame Janettes a very short cab ride.

Eagle Beach is way nicer, less crowded than the highrise area. You can take a bus or a cab to go to the highrise area inexpensively and go check out those places without all the hussle and bussle for your entire trip as it is very busy lots of people.

Enjoy your trip!

connecticut
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: la cabana resort

Hi I am just back from La Cabana. We ate lunch there once...it was ok. They are doing some well overdue remodeling on one of the wings...this can be seen on there website. I have stayed in Aruba many times...I did like the beach at this timeshare, which was its saving grace. It was easy to get a palapa and the water was calm and clear...very clear. That being said I was not as happy with the hotel itself. My room was dated, however, it was kept neat and clean as a pin by my maid which we tipped well for her extra touches. My greif is/was

with the pool area. It was extremely crowded with kids that were not staying on property at the time, my kids loved the slide but appeared to be the only out of towners using it. The hotels hallways are very dark and dingy, but kids still felt the need to run up and down them until 11pm...tried to ask them to keep it down...none spoke english, called the desk.. nothing happened then either. I felt a liitle out of place at this timeshare, I have never felt odd man out at any other place in Aruba. I love Aruba, my favorite destination in the Carib....I just will not go here again.

6. Re: la cabana resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 18:19