We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Bars and drink availability

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Bars and drink availability

We're staying at Manchebo Beach Resort. We love to 'walk the beach' and have drinks at other properties. Are there any resorts within walking distance that have a beach bar and or bars where we can pay for drinks? I know several in that area are AI and have restrictions. Also, restaurants at nearby resorts (walking distance) where we could walk for lunch/dinner?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Bars and drink availability

Here's a hotel map that will help a bit with my descriptions:

aruba-travelguide.com/hotels/hotel-map.html

As you're standing on the beach at Manchebo looking at the water....

To your left - the Aruba Beach Club (timeshares) does have a pool bar you can use and next to it is Casa Del Mar (timeshares) and they have a pool/beach bar/restaurant called Matthews - great place for drinks, breakfast, lunch or dinner.

To your right -

The Bucuti - they have a bar near the beach and a good happy hour. They also have a restaurant but I would skip it except maybe for lunch (it's just so-so.)

Behind the Bucuti is Pizza Bob's - casual place for drinks, lunch, and dinner.

Next to the Bucuti is the Costa Linda (timeshares) and they have a pool bar.

To the right of the Costa Linda across from the beach is LeDome (dinner) and the Screaming Eagle (dinner and drinks).

Further to your right -

MVC Eagle Beach - they have a cute little, inexpensive restaurant/bar called Tulip which is open for lunch and dinner

Chalet Suisse - dinner

LaCabana (large timeshare resort) - has a pool bar and live music at happy hour at the pool.

Amsterdam Manor - beach bar for lunch or drinks with a great happy hour. They also have 2 restaurants - one is beach dining (Passions - open Thurs-Sun) and the other is by their pool called Mango's.

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Bars and drink availability

ArubaAmy,

Thanks for the great response! Its perfect and the Map will really come in handy! I have read about Passions and plan to do a "sunset, feet in the sand" dinner there. From what I have read, it is the best. We are not going to FlyingFishBone, not many positive remarks on their food, plus the taxi fare is expensive! It appears that there are quite a few bars and restaurants in our area that we can walk to for drinks and meals. Does Pizza Bob's deliver and is there a site where I can look at the menu? Again, thanks so much for the great response!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Bars and drink availability

Here is Pizza Bob's menu and, yes, they do deliver. But being at the Manchebo they are literally almost out your back door across a parking lot.

www.costalinda-aruba.com/resort/pizzabobs.pdf

There are more bars and restaurants in the Palm Beach area and also downtown. Manchebo is located in the middle of those so either one is about a 10 minute taxi or bus ride in either direction.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Bars and drink availability

Forgot to mention that it's a bit of a hike from Manchebo to the end of Eagle Beach where Amsterdam Manor is located. It's definitely walkable though (you can walk on the beach or along the road) and would probably take about around 30 minutes depending on how fast you walked.

Good night life that's walkable would be at the Screaming Eagle - upscale bar and restaurant with beds in their lounge area.

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Bars and drink availability

Thanks for the menu! I've heard so many good things about Pizza Bobs. We will take a taxi to Passions due to my husband occasionally uses a cane (he is a liver transplant survivor). Thanks again!!!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Bars and drink availability

Here's to many happy trips for you and your husband! :)

7. Re: Beach Bars and drink availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations