We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help with romantic restaurant

New York
Level Contributor
171 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
need help with romantic restaurant

it will be our first trip to Aruba, and I want to have 2 nice romantic dinner with my husband and our 8 month baby. I can't choose between flying fishbone, marandi, passions and old man and the sea. Any comments/suggestions? What 2 places would you choose and why?

thanks!

Salem
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

I love Passions for the romantic setting and beautiful sunsets, great food and music to dance by in the sand. We have been 4 times, and it is our favorite. We are heading back this year to Passions again for our anniversary dinner. I hope you enjoy wherever you choose.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,092 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

Our favorite is Passions as well. But we love the food at Marandi, too.

Just a quick question (and please don't take this the wrong way) but can your baby last through a long, quiet dinner without getting fussy? The dinners at these places are long and slow - when we go we're usually there for a good 3 hours. I just wouldn't want the baby to spoil your dinner (and the dinners of others who are also trying to have a romantic night out.)

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
576 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

To add to Amy's outstanding inquiry, Flying Fishbone and Old Man and The Sea are far from the resort areas. The long trip will only add to the length of the evening. I would vote for something closer to your hotel. Passions is wonderful!

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

Not to be fresh, but I don't think I've ever used the terms 8 month old baby and romantic dinner in the same sentence (humor intended)!

Having said that, I agree the ride to FF and Old Man will probably be too long in addition to the dining time-remember that you're working with island time and the restaurants assume you're on vacation and in no rush. At least at Passions, one of your could entertain and walk around with your child should he/she become antsy.

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
576 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

LOL...I thought the same thing!

New York
Level Contributor
171 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

Amy, I know what you mean, our baby (and I bet every parent thinks this way) is pretty quiet and well-behaved, she can easily entertain herself for 2 hours without being fussy. I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's romantic dinner with screaming baby next table.

New York
Level Contributor
171 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

thanks for your replies, I will reserve passions, need one more. What restaurants are on Palm Beach or not far away from it?

ny metro
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

efors, I am planning similar to you, just note I think most of the places you noted are off the hotel area, and a bit of a cabride away, except for maybe passions. I thing Screaming Eagles may be similar to Flying Fishbone just closer, not sure, just an opinion. I chose Madame Janettes's and Passions so far, looking for 2 more places. I posted my question so take alook at other restaurants I have narrowed it down to. Good Luck

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

We just returned on Saturday ;(

I would definitely sugges Passions - it is our favorite (thanks Amy for recommending)!! We also tried Papillon this year and loved it as well. I think if you go early to either place you will be okay with a baby - a lot of people go out a bit later (7ish). Papillon has an early dining discount of $35 pp from 5-7.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,092 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: need help with romantic restaurant

Lemarier59 - Happy to hear you had a great time at Passions and Papillon (two of our faves!) Welcome back!

efrosiniya - If you're looking for a nice restaurant that's in the Palm Beach area (walkable), try Papillon - it's a great place!

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations