We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My daughter is sick in Aruba

1 post
Save Topic
My daughter is sick in Aruba

What do you do when you get sick in Oranjestad, Aruba and needs medicine for a urinary track infection? Do they have doctors that will see you in an emergency?

New York
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My daughter is sick in Aruba

Either have the front desk call a doctor in for her, or take a cab to the Emergency Room at the Hospital which you can almost see front the Front Desk.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,943 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My daughter is sick in Aruba

The Doc. are well trained. My friend got sick and went to the Doc. Both my husband and her husband were docs, with prescription pads with them. They did honor NY and Carolina scrips in Aruba with the Aruba Doc signing off. So very nice. Also my fo the friend broke her foot, went to ER. Great care. Accidents and illness do happen. Also Sr. had 1st time seizure many years ago on the bus. Driver drove entire bus to hospital and Sr got the best of care. Like that would happen in NY. Thanks Aruba!

Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My daughter is sick in Aruba

Just go the E.R. at the hospital to get an RX.

Several years ago I had food poisoning in Aruba. Went to the hospital, they gave me an I.V. and an RX that I got filled at the pharmacy next door. I submitted all of my bills/paperwork to my insurance company when I got back and was reimbursed for everything.

If you do go to the hospital, take a credit card. They require payment on the spot. My E.R. bill was only $141 and my RX was $10.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: My daughter is sick in Aruba

We usually take a few antibiotics (zpak) on vacations that are a week or more just in case.

Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: My daughter is sick in Aruba

You need to take her to the emergency room. That is nothing to food around with. Who cares what you have to pay.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: My daughter is sick in Aruba

I went to the Noord Medical Center this past January for the same issue. The doctor did not give me a physical, He charged me $50 for the visit. He gave me a prescription for ciproxina. Cost of the meds was $59. I also bought a bottle of cranberry pills I forgot how much they were. The doctor only took cash but I used a credit card for the pharmacy.

Edited: 29 September 2010, 23:31
Level Contributor
236 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My daughter is sick in Aruba

A slightly different situation, but I had a tooth fall apart on my way to Aruba one year. From the airport in Puerto Rico I contacted the hotel concierge and she made an appt for me to see the dentist (5 minutes from the hotel). His equipment was excellent and when my dentist at home checked the work he said it was exactly what he would have done.

The difference is that I only had to pay the dentist in Aruba $75 for the whole thing. I kept the receipt and submitted it to my insurance company. No problem. The insurance company got off easy!

8. Re: My daughter is sick in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2011, 05:17