We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40-something couple- divi or tam?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
40-something couple- divi or tam?

Which hotel would be the best for us? We like a nice quiet hotel with a lovely beach nearby. Thanks.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

We liked the Divi. I would say that since the Tam offers children stay free, that the Divi would be better for you. Plus, you can stay at one and eat at both so you really can take advantage of both resorts.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

I agree that the Divi would be a better fit.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

Divi in the Vistas

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,903 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

My husband and I are 40 somethings. An oceanfront room at the Divi would be perfection. In that it is not in our budget, we stay at the Tamarijn in an oceanfront room. Under the all inclusive package of either resort we can use the facilities and amenities of either resort so go where we like while there.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,504 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

I'm with Lisa. We travel in the summer, when many families do, and I have never, EVER felt that the presence of children detracted from our experience. If I were you, I would opt for the Tam and use the savings to either stay extra nights or splash out on a meal or two off the resort.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

We are in our 50's and we love the oceanfront at Divi. It is very quiet in this section. Just be aware that the rooms are very dated and not fancy, very clean but nothing to brag about. This will be the first year in 5 years that we are not staying at the Divi. I miss it already!

Sharon

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,903 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

I meant to add after I posted last night, like Lori mentioned, we take our savings in staying at the Tamarijn instead of the Divi and spend extra nights. The difference in price between an oceanfront room at the Divi and an oceanfront room at the Tamarijn, which all of them are, is significant and could extend your vacation a good number of nights.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

I'd take the Tam oceanfront rooms over the Divi regular rooms any day. As mentioned above, for an oceanfront room at the Divi, it is a lot more than the Tam.

(maybe we should stop telling everyone this or Tam will raise their prices)

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

Thank you for all your replies. Our 14 yr old son doesnt know if he wants to come with us. He may be stayimg with grandparents. If he does come I guess it would be preferable to stay at the tam. Is there enough for him to do there? Also what is the evening entertainment like?

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 40-something couple- divi or tam?

IMO your son would have a blast. There are plenty of kids at the Tam. and they always seem to pair off. The shows are entertaining, nothing to write home but you will enjoy some of them. They also have music every night and dancing at the Divi by the bar. We alway end up there at night, lol. Also, limbo show is pretty good and love when they come out in all their fancy dance outfits.

Sharon

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad